It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Destiny V Destination: My 2cents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Lately, I have been having conversations with 3 friends about this topic, Destiny and Destination, and they have an idea that destiny exists, that everything has a purpose and a meaning and that it is meant to be. They use this as a way to justify things that have happened to them in their lives and it usually involves something good, a relationship, a job, fortune, etc.

Destiny is meant to be? My feeling is that everything is a destination and random decisions made along the way affect the path we choose to take. So, how can there be a destiny? If there is a specific path what difference does it make what decision we make? It will still be the exact same destiny? The notion that there is a specific plan regarding every life and that a destiny is the end result seems impossible to me.

Now, that is not to say, that there are reasons for something to happen and that there are destinations with purpose, but I submit that every decision made is affected by other decisions being made, some we are aware of and some we are not, some are man made and some are nature, but all are random. Life is. Life happens. Where and how and why, those are left to randomness. Sure we make choices, but there are reactions for actions, cause and effect, to many variables involved for a destiny to be.

Every path we go down has purpose, a lesson to learn from, some are dead ends, some are forced, some require adapting, some require more effort, some lead to other paths, and if we want to make sense of something, good or bad, throwing the word destiny into the mix makes it more acceptable to deal with, but meant to be means no matter what path we choose something is inevitable.

I thing life is a random journey with purpose, many destinations, as a human and a soul, we can learn from any path we choose or we are coerced into following.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
If it's random then nihilism is right and everything is just meaningless. If it's based on some kind of plan or purpose then the theists are right, God exists, and everything will result in a divine outcome.

I think there will always be an equal amount of evidence supporting both position. But since I am nihilistic about nihilism then I'm going to go with divine purpose. I think it's a choice. And it doesn't matter how we choose because not only is everything meaningless, but it is also meaningless that it is meaningless. So I choose to be the ultimate nihilist by choosing meaningful and thereby snubbing my nose at the nihilists! Nothing gives my life more meaning than pissing off the nihilists by arguing for the pro-theist position.

From my life experiences I don't think it's random anyway. It feels like the future somehow pulls on strings in the present causing the future to be realized. Reality for me has a certain kind of fractal feeling to it but it's not a pattern that ever repeats itself. It's like a fractal that is being changed in the future causing consequence in the present. It's almost as if energy follows thought. The more people who think something the greater the chance it becomes reality. The role of the conscious observer changing how reality gets realized cannot be underestimated.

The act of observing changes physical reality. What ever the IT is and where IT is located that decides something is being observed in a double slit experiment is just astonishing. For me, the astonishment comes from the idea the way nature behaves is like the Universe has its own Universal mind watching what is being watched.

The attention and intention of the observer matters. (nice pun!)

“Those who are not shocked when they first come across quantum theory cannot possibly have understood it.” Niels Bohr

edit on 27-2-2020 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:29 AM
link   
We are in the midst of a hunt...For real people..who have real free will!

Each of us has freewill..or you can conjecture with someone that they do..

But each of us is a slave to degrees of freedom..and degrees of expression..not including morals here because that's for another topic..

Each of us has a Free willed Idea..that will be truly new...a miracle..inside and outside the fortress of time..Which is a cube.

The nexus of the time is a featuring of the bright stars of the day.

we are all on show..means we can make plans and see future processions based on degrees of freedom..but we can choose and we will need to choose to do those things regardless..

Essentially we are stuck here as choice stations..making choices based on what we know as everything...and that is how novelty happens..because of the idea that it is not what has been come before..

We do need nothing to understand the idea of a new creation because what came before it is ex nihilo.

Something that wasn't here before is nothing...and the fact that we cant have a thing yet..means its nothing..

But it is within the nothing that we can find peace of mind.

Humans use their abstract concepts of things to imagine more and better things..its like we are building upon our past..

And we are trying to go forward..

Prophets are here to teach the meaning of the times..and punish the criminals who take advantage of the times..

The reason people post on these forums is to share their free will with other people...which is an exciting challenge..for each of us can do what has not been done before...!

Each of us has a concern for itself..and others..the consciousness of everything is a quest to share and create answers..for everything..that has come before..

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Care to know the Bible's viewpoint on this matter?

Is Your Future Predestined? (Awake!—2009)

Short answer: no (according to the Bible, a.k.a. God's word of truth).

2 Timothy 2:15

15 Do your utmost to present yourself approved to God, a workman with nothing to be ashamed of, handling the word of the truth aright.

John 17:17 (Jesus praying to God)

17 Sanctify them by means of the truth; your word is truth.
edit on 1-3-2020 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

join