It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Motherboard And Logical Processing Equilibrium

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackWidowOfTheWeb

If I were you I would learn some VHDL and simulate your design before you attempt to create any silicon:

edit on 24-2-2020 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   
By the sounds of it you're to make things more complicated than they are and confusing.

Most current computers are based around the same tech ideas from the 1940's in Von Numans basic ideas to which even he said that it was just one solution to the problem but was a very simple solution to the problems of the time as it could be done with basic telephone cabling and some valves and since the idea works and is pretty simple to explain and also to build as it was all doable by the average electrical engineer.

All we've done is just found better and better ways to carry the same principles forward the same as a car engine is still basically the same thing now as it was over 100 years ago.

We're hitting problems in getting the big improvements that people are used to seeing on TV due to basic physics meaning that to get more speed you need to pack things closer and you're hitting problems that to have more lanes to communicate from the cpu to the rest of the world you need more physical pins which means a bigger chip which means it takes longer to get the signal from A to B resulting in slower speeds and also the problems of signal timings and keeping everything going in and out in order.

You are probably overseeing the idea in what you think things like an OS is and what it really is once you get down and dirty.

If theres a problem that requires a new solution then i'm sure if the person has the wallet big enough then a solution can be found but thats always been the reason behind all good inventions.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join