It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S. Korea designates Daegu, Cheongdo as 'special care zones' over coronavirus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   

South Korea declared the southeastern cities of Daegu and Cheongdo are "special care zones" Friday as a cluster of coronavirus cases have been reported there in recent days.

Concerns about community spread have mounted as new cases surged this week in Daegu, the country's fourth-largest city and home to 2.4 million people, and its surrounding North Gyeongsang Province.

S. Korea designates Daegu, Cheongdo as 'special care zones' over coronavirus

It appears to be spreading quickly. South Korea and Japan will be the ones to watch in the coming days to get a glimpse of what could possibly happen here.

Prepare accordingly.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

More Information on the Situation: Coronavirus cases double in a day to surpass 100

www.koreaherald.com...

South Korea’s fight against the coronavirus outbreak has entered a new phase of local transmission, with Daegu becoming a hot bed of COVID-19 infections with nearly 40 new cases reported in the southern city in just two days.

As of 6 p.m. Thursday, the total number of infected people here stood at 104, with 70 of them in Daegu and nearby North Gyeongsang Province. Most of the cases have been traced to a church in the city that a 61-year-old woman, confirmed as the country’s 31st patient on Tuesday, had attended.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   

It will be interesting to see #'s from S Korea vs. China

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

This is what im thinking. Non-communist countries might be a little more open on the reality of this bug.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

More news coming out on this. Appears schools are closing, stores are closing, military on lockdown, hundreds on "watch list"

Not looking good.

'Like a zombie apocalypse': Residents on edge as coronavirus cases surge in South Korea

www.reuters.com...

Residents of a South Korean city at the centre of a new coronavirus outbreak described empty streets, deserted shops, and a climate of fear as a surge in confirmed cases linked to a church raised the prospect of wider transmission.

Daegu authorities ordered the shutdown of all kindergartens, while all schools will postpone the beginning of the spring semester scheduled for early March by one week in an unprecedented move, Yonhap said.

The Defence Ministry banned troops stationed in Daegu from leaving their barracks and receiving guests, while a soldier who had recently visited his home in Daegu tested positive for the virus.

The U.S. military imposed similar restrictions on its army base in the city, which houses thousands of troops, family members and civilian employees, curbing travel and closing schools and child-care centres.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   

More news coming out on this. Appears schools are closing, stores are closing, military on lockdown, hundreds on "watch list"

Not looking good.

Looks like one lady was a superspreader, got it all over people at a crowded church....

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Not looking good.

Looks like one lady was a superspreader, got it all over people at a crowded church....

Yeah, makes me wonder "How" she infected so many people. There are 400 more church members showing symptoms.... How infectious is this crap?

www.straitstimes.com...

Of the national tally, 111 patients are from Daegu or nearby. Most have been traced to an infected 61-year-old woman known as "Patient 31" who attended a church, a scenario that health authorities described as a "super-spreading event".

As of Friday more than 400 members of the church are showing symptoms of the disease, though tests were still ongoing, Daegu Mayor Kwon Young-jin said at a briefing.

edit on 20-2-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Christianity looks different in different parts of the world? They actually do crucify people for Easter in the Philippines ...

Honestly, it may be as simple as a communion with a communal wine cup.
edit on 20-2-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Japan starting to cancel events now as well.

Tokyo to cancel or postpone major indoor events for next 3 weeks

www.reuters.com...

TOKYO, Feb 21 (Reuters) - The Tokyo Metropolitan government said it will to cancel or postpone major indoor events planned for the next three weeks as Japan tries to halt the spread of the coronavirus]

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:45 AM
link   
The longer this goes on and the more I read, the more I'm begining to wonder if this is the SHTF scenario we've been talking about all these years, it's worrying to say the least.

What scares me the most, is my Partner has lung disease, and no matter how hard I try to let her know what the deal is and what the risks are, she doesn't want to know and simply shrugs it off.

God help us.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity
The longer this goes on and the more I read, the more I'm begining to wonder if this is the SHTF scenario we've been talking about all these years, it's worrying to say the least.

What scares me the most, is my Partner has lung disease, and no matter how hard I try to let her know what the deal is and what the risks are, she doesn't want to know and simply shrugs it off.

God help us.

You're not alone in your fears, this is escalating and it's unknown territory. One would be wise to vigilant at this point.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

I think you should worry about your partner.

I think for most of us with healthy bodies and immune systems, this will be a severe cold for the most part unless we get unlucky.

The danger is in how suddenly it hits and how many all at once. If important systems like medical are overwhelmed and so many are sick that supply chains are disrupted, then we have bigger problems in society even though most of us just are sick with the equivalent of a bad cold. The thing we need and normal pace of life break down for the times while we need them most for support.

I think watching how this behaves in Japan and S. Korea will give us a better idea how other countries will come through it than watching China and Iran, but in either case, I'd do what you can to try to stock up on necessary things for several weeks, just in case.

new topics

top topics

join