It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DeGraff Medical Center - Coronavirus rumors...just speculating

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
There have been reports that NYC has a gag order in effect regarding Coronavirus. I am pretty sure the gag order was covered in a different thread so I won’t address it here.

DeGraff Hospital in North Tonawanda, N.Y. is rumored to be treating multiple cases of coronavirus.

DeGraff Memorial Hospital has a large empty wing that has been up for sale for over a year since 2018....due to low occupancy and empty beds. The hospital closed their ICU and medical unit went from 66 beds down to 10. The hospital is owned / managed by Kaleida Health. On 10/14/2019 N.Y.-based Kaleida Health went a step further and announced plans to close the facility. They also announced that they were looking to rent or sell the vacant space.

An empty hospital would be the perfect place to quarantine and or treat infected patients.

Hospital is managed by Kaleida. Kaleida is publicly denying that they have any coronavirus patients. If Kaleida either sold or rented the empty hospital space to the government for quarantine use - technically those aren't DeGraff patients because the patients aren’t registered in their computer system. So the Kaleida public statement denying any coronavirus cases being treated by one of their hospitals holds up under scrutiny. Sounds like plausible deniability to me. Is anyone familiar with this hospital or does anyone live in this area? Just wondering if there was serious foot traffic entering or exiting the closed hospital wing.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Buvvy

There are "suspected cases" that popped up originally on January 27th in Connecticut and many, many more that popped up between Jan 28 and Feb 1-2 in the US. I've been watching closely and there are a half dozen or more suspected cases that are 3-ish weeks old (or older) with NO results on the test yet?

I've brought this up a number of times on the Corona Virus Updates thread. In the official articles they often mention "it could take up to 2 weeks for results". Well, we're going on 3 weeks and 2 days for that Jan. 27 suspected case I was talking about.

See where I'm going with this? Western, modernized medicine and industry, the United States of America versus suspected cases and tests with fast results all over the place in EU, Asia, some in Russia, etc.

This s*** stinks to high heaven. Officials definitely don't want to cause a panic in the US but I'd put money on it already being here (even if it is for the most part causing more mild cases outside of Hubei province)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I live about 10 miles from DeGraff in Grand Island, Their has been chatter here. This Hospital is essentially non functioning. We use Kenmore Mercy (also Kaleida) Buffalo General, ECMC and Niagara Falls Memorial. The last place any patient requests to be transported to is DeGraff.

We also had this "weird" situation last week

nypost.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

There are "suspected cases" that popped up originally on January 27th in Connecticut and many, many more that popped up between Jan 28 and Feb 1-2 in the US. I've been watching closely and there are a half dozen or more suspected cases that are 3-ish weeks old (or older) with NO results on the test yet?

I've brought this up a number of times on the Corona Virus Updates thread. In the official articles they often mention "it could take up to 2 weeks for results". Well, we're going on 3 weeks and 2 days for that Jan. 27 suspected case I was talking about.

See where I'm going with this? Western, modernized medicine and industry, the United States of America versus suspected cases and tests with fast results all over the place in EU, Asia, some in Russia, etc.

This s*** stinks to high heaven. Officials definitely don't want to cause a panic in the US but I'd put money on it already being here (even if it is for the most part causing more mild cases outside of Hubei province)

I agree with you it stinks.

I wonder which of these three are what's happening:

(1) They want to do repeated tests and not rely on one or two tests as definitive answers
(2) They are genuinely taking only one sample and then need weeks to process it
(3) They're getting positive results and don't want to say. This one doesn't fit in with the two students here, however, who were suspected cases and then--quite a bit longer than it shouldn't have taken--were declared negative. This could still be the answer for many other situations, however.

I wish we had agencies and mass media that were more trustworthy.
edit on 19-2-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   

First of all I would NOT trust anything coming out of Democratic controlled New York State. I would trust the smoke as Degraff was always a hotbed of Unionized activity and many members remain in WNY employed at other facilities. Degraff was fine. It was just a small hospital. I was at DeGraff Hospital in North Tonawanda, N.Y for rehab after Torn Rotator Cuff surgery performed at UB MD Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine in 2013. In my opinion the USA has almost NO Cornoavirus cases simply because the USA under CDC or others direction IS NOT TESTING for it. It is my further opinion that our CDC will let the chips fall where they may meaning if people die from Coronavirus just roll them and their numbers into the annual flu death totals. No one will ever know.

So in brief take a look at the CDC response to wearing face masks. All over Asia every one is running around with a Face Mask. No not here as we must have Yankee Superpowers. Sure. So if you key word search the CDC main web page for Face Masks many articles published by the CDC itself say to wear face masks to prevent flu for the 2019 - 2020 flu season.

So now they do not?

So trust yourself; assuming that you do not want to die.

Why do I say this? I had a severe flu last 21Feb20. I saw a doctor on the 22nd. They tested me for the flu. It was positive. They gave me a prescription and sent me home. No mention of Coronavirus by anyone anywhere. I thought that was odd.

Read this:

Coronavirus: 9 people under voluntary quarantine in Monroe County

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
It's almost like some members here WANT it to happen so bad they'll turn anything that strikes them as unusual into an excuse to suggest the virus is worse than it has been said to be.

I suppose it's to be expected. It's in poor taste but it's to be expected.

top topics

join