It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing stars could point to alien civilizations, scientists say

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Missing stars could point to alien civilizations, scientists say

The aliens stole them ?
Isn't that sort of against inter-galactic law ?

Yes, I'm sure it is. By stealing stars, aliens are responsible for galactic warming which is causing the expansion of the universe at unprecedented rates. If they don't stop, we will all perish withing 20 years. AOC told me.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroFurrbone

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: neoholographic

Perhaps there is a possibility for a star to collapse into a black hole without going Nova. Perhaps something like collision with an existing massive singularity?

Stars can Implode. Actually it is also possible those stars simply imploded rather than explode or expand into supernovas.

The compression produced by implosion causes the star to create and then fuse heavier elements which provides a pulse in energy production. This extra activity starts in the core and moves outwards because the higher pressures are at the core. This then blows the outer layers of the star away in a nova, or in a supernova.

Although, I suppose, a clean implosion, but without a nova, is possible, most of the models for heavier stars produce a blast that sheds the outer layers.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrustedTruth
When I saw this on the news here a week or so ago, they did mention Dyson Spheres. But they also said that it was not just one star that had vanished but a few others.

No way I can find the article, it was on morning telly, and ridiculous for everything else.

But it wasn't treated with the usual hysterical content usually offered to such things.

Good thread. I enjoy these ideas. Thanks!

Yes, these are really good ideas. There's no reason why a star will just vanish. The best and most plausible explanation is an advanced civilization harvesting stars for useful energy. This allows these civilizations to counter any effects from dark energy pushing everything away from each other and essentially becoming immortal.

This is how Science works.

You had Scientists independently asking how would an advanced civilization survive the pull of dark energy and other Scientists finding these missing stars. At this point there's no natural explanation for missing stars.

The best explanation is an extraterrestrial one.
edit on 4-1-2020 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join