It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extremely Long Time Reader, It's Time To Join!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

What I want to know is what exactly are they doing with that deep bore-hole they dug out there??

It is the ultimate long drop. Might end up as a world record.

Oh yeah, and what exactly is that thing which looks like guitar frets (running from NW to SE) used for? I presume it's some kind of antenna, but what's its purpose?

That is a testing area where new concepts are developed to continually upgrade the Dingo Fence.

I think they were cutting lines. Work well, but the public may object so ... not a great idea as it turns out.

P

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Bore hole - Okay, but what is it, and what does it do?? ELF comms, what?

And what are "cutting lines"?

ETA - And I don't know about 'world record', from what I understand the hole is roughly 25,000 feet deep. We've got drilling sites here in the US down below 28,000 feet. In fact, I worked on one in Wyoming back in the 80's down below 27,000 feet (and that was a record then). Now, the Russian's have a bore hole down below 40,000 feet, and they can probably go deeper as soon as they figure out drilling tools which can deal with the heat.

edit on 12/26/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Thankyou Night Star, great little gif.

Jorn.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Thanks for the welcome Flyingclaydisk.

Not exactly Alice Springs, but in the general area along with SA, WA, QLD & ACT.

Too be honest the bore-hole has nothing of significance to me.

Did you mean running SW to NE If so & your curious about guitar fretted antennas I believe you are referring too, they are for the Jindalee Operational Radar Network. ×2 in NT - TX & RX, ×2 in WA - TX & RX, ×2 NT - TX & RX. ×6 antennas in all spread out. Along with several other isolated & non-isolated networks located around Australia. The reason for them running on peculiar angles is them being set to a particular directional range.

A simple google search will help you with minimal information here

Jorn.

edit on 26 12 2019 by JornHorizons because: Added Picture for Flyingclaydisk

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JornHorizons

Thanks.

Okay, well once you get out of post-purgatory, let's start some discussions about some of this stuff. I 'might' have worked around some of these things in the past (and, BTW, I did understand everything you wrote, and the technology behind it).

However, like they say; What happens at Pine Gap...stays at Pine Gap! (or any number of other facilities which I might, or might NOT, have been to!).

I'll look forward to the CONVO!

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Glad you have a understanding of the network. Not many fully appreciate how advanced it is.

Over the year's of just reading posts regarding Pine Gap on here with un-named members claiming this or that, always made me laugh and felt like calling them out. But to be honest couldn't be bothered with the hassle.

Still I'm not here to debate people, just here to help educate with what I can offer and or learn from other's in this community who have similar interests in posts that may take my interest.

Jorn.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Apologies I referenced NT twice instead of QLD. I should have written "×2 in NT - TX & RX, ×2 in WA - TX & RX, ×2 QLD - TX & RX"

Jorn.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Welcome! I’m a very long time lurker as well. Think I started lurking around 2001, actually.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: RandomPerson
Thanks RandomPerson, also a welcome to you.
I been lurking for seems like years now, definitely been 10+ years, time tends fly past these days.
I always been a non-member reader mainly for science & technology, aircraft/military projects & space exploration but thought I'd actually signup this time.

Jorn.
edit on 29 12 2019 by JornHorizons because: Added Space Exploration.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join