It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US urges China to rethink its Use of force 'LAW'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Well the issue continues to heat up. The new Law by China allows the use of force to retain the Taiwan island if need be. This has stricken protests in Taiwan. China has urged the US, Japan, and Australia to stay out of its internal buisness.

Carburetor

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I think the U.S. should start concentrating more in Asia than the Middle East and Third World nations. Decisions will be so much easier to make and the U.S. will have plenty of support.

Anyway, what I want to know is, how far will this exactly go? If Taiwan wants to be really independent, I think it's time they speak up. I know for sure that neither China nor Taiwan is willing to give in.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
China's going to mess right around and get blown off the map!

It won't be a conventional war that's for sure!

Anybody from China, answer me this: Why are you all too chicken to stand up to your commie government?

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I don't think that the US would do anything about China invading Taiwan because I don't think there is anything they really could do. You really don't want to start a war with China unless you have to.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

Anybody from China, answer me this: Why are you all too chicken to stand up to your commie government?

You'll probably be blown off the map first.

If you're not gonna have an intelligent conversation, we'll be happy to ignore you, k?

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
I think the U.S. should start concentrating more in Asia than the Middle East and Third World nations. Decisions will be so much easier to make and the U.S. will have plenty of support.

Anyway, what I want to know is, how far will this exactly go? If Taiwan wants to be really independent, I think it's time they speak up. I know for sure that neither China nor Taiwan is willing to give in.

I agree. The US is much better off in Asia than indulging too far into the middle east. Too many views and issues there that can lead to a spilled can of worms. Asia has issues that need to be addressed like NK and Taiwan. As far as Taiwan is concerned. A big issue is that the US is locked into a treaty to defend Taiwan. I don't think the US will try to back out of that as it is not the way the US works. They will probably try to control Taiwan from causing any issues as much as they can before all hell breaks loose. However truely, with a US, Japanese, UK and possibly Aussie alliance, .....China cannot take Taiwan.

Carburetor

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The U.S. could probably lose a lot of it's problems if they concentrated less on the Middle East. The problem is, the Middle East is pretty much the nexus of the world. The most ancient of battlefields, modern civilization pretty much emerged from the Middle East. So to concentrate less on the Middle East means we ignore the issues in the cradle of modern civilization.

Or will we be better off letting it be? The world pretty much lives off the Middle East, if you think about it, so it's a real tough question.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   

If you're not gonna have an intelligent conversation, we'll be happy to ignore you, k?

And it's really like you possess the capability to do these things!

I've read your posts and they are quite hilarious!

[edit on 8/3/05 by Intelearthling]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Thank you. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to know I am a humorous person.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   

The U.S. could probably lose a lot of it's problems if they concentrated less on the Middle East. The problem is, the Middle East is pretty much the nexus of the world. The most ancient of battlefields, modern civilization pretty much emerged from the Middle East. So to concentrate less on the Middle East means we ignore the issues in the cradle of modern civilization.

Or will we be better off letting it be? The world pretty much lives off the Middle East, if you think about it, so it's a real tough question.

Once again i agree. I think the initial intention of the US trying to fight terrorism was on track and i supported it. And sure I believed Saddam needed to be removed, but now we seem to be sidetracking on a grander scale which was my point about opening a can of worms. But unfortunately we have already started a mess their and may be forced to clean it up. The issues with Iran and Syria unfortunately cannot be overlooked at this point by the US. The problem is we need more international support if we are to clean up that mess.

Caruretor

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
This law is simply restating the status quo.

I was watching a show by an MP in the ROC legislature.

He claims that Beijing is simply copying Taipei (he's obviously pro unification). In the Constitution of ROC, it states that Taiwan is a province of China and can not be separated whatsoever! Therefore, really Beijing is just copying a portion of what's in the law documents in Taipei.

it's pretty funny

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Thank you. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to know I am a humorous person.

I didn't say humorous, I said hilarious! Humor is funny. I've just substituted what I really meant with hilarious!

And quit hitting that bong!

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Ok I am in disagreeance with you once again. Did you forget the whole reason we went to the Middle East? Do you remember 9/11? I`m sorry I know you do and I know it probably made you just as mad as it made me(please say this much is true). It happened right in my own backyard, quite literally. I can see the ever changed skyline from where I am and new many who perished, had family who were lucky not to be hurt both at the Pentagon and in the vicinity of the trade center. I know Bush stated wmd as the cause to invade Iraq but I believe it was also a way to draw the terrorists to a new battleground outside of our borders. And if it weren`t a direct attempt to do so I think it has worked that way so far. Also Saddam hussein may not have had wmd but he would have eventually and thats a fact. Do you think that if alqueda were to offer to buy weapons he wouldnt sell to them? I think it is very important not to underestimate his full intentions as well as all of those who oppose us as a whole nation of infidels. We need to keep our citizens safe and right now that means dealing with the terrorists and not walking away. It keeps getting bigger and bigger and no one can no for sure when it will all end. We need to address all issues. It means not letting these other nations develop weapons that could be potentially used to destroy us by either them or whomever they sell them to. We are taking on a lot but if we dont then we ultimately will be met with much more aggression then the resistance we are now facing overseas. It is a game of chess to the Chinese right now they already have planned there next four moves. They know how much we have taken on and know it would be so many times worse for us now if we were to stand by our ally of Tawain. We need not sway but let them know we are ready for anything and they will not just go in and take Tawain. If we are clear then chances are they will back down for they have so much more to lose and the fact is that ultimately they will. We must not back down from our word to defend, it is what the US is all about and is what gives us our dignity as a whole. The world may possibly be on the verge of an all out war and when we find out its just going to happen all at once.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
What exactly were you in disagreement with?

I am in no position or hold any knowledge to say why we went into Iraq. That I honestly don't know. I thought it was WMD, I thought it was terrorists, two years later, now I have absolutely no idea. You seem pretty sure of yourself, well guess what, you know as much as I do about the Middle East. Nothing. So until we learn everything there is to learn, all we can do is speculate and speculate is not something I prefer to do. Whatever the reason, though, it has plenty to do with the fact the Middle East is probably the most influential center of the world.

I can see now you are a neo-con (this is not an insult), which is good, because I know now where you are coming from. Let me also dispute something you said, where you said China has much more to lose and they will. It's pretty clear to me the U.S. is actually the one with more to lose. The U.S. is more powerful than China, has more of everything. The bigger they are, the harder they fall. And I would advise you to be cautious about using phrases like "they will." There is no certainty in the world. The U.S. is a great nation, but again, don't love it too much.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   

What exactly were you in disagreement with?

I am in no position or hold any knowledge to say why we went into Iraq. That I honestly don't know. I thought it was WMD, I thought it was terrorists, two years later, now I have absolutely no idea. You seem pretty sure of yourself, well guess what, you know as much as I do about the Middle East. Nothing. So until we learn everything there is to learn, all we can do is speculate and speculate is not something I prefer to do. Whatever the reason, though, it has plenty to do with the fact the Middle East is probably the most influential center of the world.

I can see now you are a neo-con (this is not an insult), which is good, because I know now where you are coming from. Let me also dispute something you said, where you said China has much more to lose and they will. It's pretty clear to me the U.S. is actually the one with more to lose. The U.S. is more powerful than China, has more of everything. The bigger they are, the harder they fall. And I would advise you to be cautious about using phrases like "they will." There is no certainty in the world. The U.S. is a great nation, but again, don't love it too much.

Simply I was in disagreeance with your statement of mabe we should leave the middle east and most of our problems would go away. I know why they said we went into Iraq and i know what I believe and at this present time I think we are doing all we can do to prevent terrorism on our shores and ultimately within the whole wide world. I believe in my convictions and that is why I may know a little bit more then you( only in a theoretical sense). It is important to analize the facts make an informed decision and stick to it for this is how I may be so sure of myself. Very often you must re-analize the facts and continue the process. Granted I can only examine what is available and the same are available to you. It all comes down to how we draw our own conclusions. It is why some people are much more brilliant then others.(Thats not a stab at your intelligence you may infact have a much larger brain capacity then me.) We will never know the whole truth about anything in life, never. So you have to work with what you have been given and always look at the whole picture and always listen not just hear someone elses opinions. We can probably learn a lot from each other and I would never make an attempt to defraud you by giving you false information. That being said, dont speculate, make an informed decision to believe and that will empower yourself through your own convictions. It is all right if we are occasionaly wrong just so long as we admit to it and re-evaluate the entire situation. We have to be strong in our beliefs because that is what empowers us to be right. Bottom line, I agree with our current policy in the Middle East. As for the US having more to lose then China I disagree. China is moving up and if we desrtoy them they will have nothing, there is no other way for us if we are pulled into that battle. we would have to just all out destroy them. As for us if we lose we will lose some pride and some muscle power in the world but ultimately we would build ourselves back up to be even stronger. Also I cannot love my country too much when we are in such trying times. I always have and always will be a patriot of this great nation. One last thing Not to sound like a dumb-ass but what is a neo-con in your description.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   

your posts just showed your ignorance of china and the Taiwan issue.

The Chinese government is not good,of course.but so long as everything seems getting better,one needn't take the risk to oppose the government.we'd better unite to face our problems,especially when there is someone at the other corner of the world eager to "blow us off the map".

BTW:I really think u should be happy to see the chinese mainland is(to be precisely,was) a communism government.the communism reign in china had wasted china 30 years precise time for deverlopment and left us with numerous problems yet to be resolved.if the chinese really " stand up to the commie government" and built a new one,it will only make china stronger,I think u should not be pleased to see this.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by suihx
BTW:I really think u should be happy to see the chinese mainland is(to be precisely,was) a communism government.the communism reign in china had wasted china 30 years precise time for deverlopment and left us with numerous problems yet to be resolved.if the chinese really " stand up to the commie government" and built a new one,it will only make china stronger,I think u should not be pleased to see this.

I'm actually very surprised that most Chinese-Americans are eager to return to China, it's warts and all.

Now that's REAL patriotism for ya.

top topics

join