It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Barr Interview From Yesterday Where He Throws The FBI Under The Bus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Yesterday, The Wall Street Journal interviewed Attorney General William Barr. I read some highlights of this interview on NOQ Report and located a short YouTube clip on it, that shows Barr summing up "the two biggest bombshells from Inspector General Michael Horowitz's investigation and report."

Make no doubt about it, the FBI purposely withheld information from the FISA courts and lied when they told the court that they had a credible witness who backed up what Steele claimed in the dossier.

Yesterday, Barr also told NBC news:
"I think our nation was turned on its head for three years, I think, based on a completely bogus narrative that was largely fanned and hyped by an irresponsible press, and I think that there were gross abuses of FISA and inexplicable behavior that isn't tolerable in the FBI,"

I'm sure U.S. Attorney John Durham will soon uncover and present the truth to the American people. I expect that early next year, charges will be made against those who conspired to spy on the Trump campaign. This was a planned act to undermine Trump's administration and there needs to be accountability for it.

So, how many people still think the IG Report, and the upcoming Durham Report are "nothingburgers?" Probably the same people who think that the impeachment farce is based on "facts" and those who ignore the "fact" that the Democrats planned on impeaching Trump as soon as he was elected in 2016. Why? Because they're feelings got hurt.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Isn't Barr supposed to testify in congress today about the findings of the Horowitz report?

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Horowitz is testifying shortly:

m.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

"I think our nation was turned on its head for three years, I think, based on a completely bogus narrative that was largely fanned and hyped by an irresponsible press, and I think that there were gross abuses of FISA and inexplicable behavior that isn't tolerable in the FBI..."

Barr is a despicable fixer for bad behavior, and his weasel words above are a clear indication that he's going to fix this too -- for the lucky few at least. If it were otherwise, he'd be talking "criminal" and "corrupt" and "prosecutable." Not wishy washy descriptors like "irresponsible" and "inexplicable behavior" that minimize and sanitize the criminal conduct of federal officials.

Talk is cheap. When Barr actually walks his talk, I'll take notice. I'm talking full public disclosure and criminal charges and public trials.

Unless and until then, Barr is just blowing smoke up our you-know-whats to sooth the angry masses.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

"I think our nation was turned on its head for three years, I think, based on a completely bogus narrative that was largely fanned and hyped by an irresponsible press, and I think that there were gross abuses of FISA and inexplicable behavior that isn't tolerable in the FBI..."

Barr is a despicable fixer for bad behavior, and his weasel words above are a clear indication that he's going to fix this too -- for the lucky few at least. If it were otherwise, he'd be talking "criminal" and "corrupt" and "prosecutable." Not wishy washy descriptors like "irresponsible" and "inexplicable behavior" that minimize and sanitize the criminal conduct of federal officials.

Talk is cheap. When Barr actually walks his talk, I'll take notice. I'm talking full public disclosure and criminal charges and public trials.

Unless and until then, Barr is just blowing smoke up our you-know-whats to sooth the angry masses.

Agree.
Only action counts.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I didn’t know standing up for civil liberties and highlighting how a government agency acted in ways the founders of the USA feared is throwing one under the bus.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

The problem he faces though is all signs point to Obama and his staff. As Lisa Page stated, POTUS wanted to know everything about what they were doing with Trump. He was also their boss, directing them to do everything.

Now, with that being said, is it really possible to go directly after Obama. He could but look what he would be up against. The media, half the country would run outside with pitchforks and fire. Legally he should go after him but what good would it do. No matter what Obama did half the country and the media would scoff at it. Barr would have the legal high ground but not the political momentum for justice.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
the phrase or idiom "throw the FBI under the bus" is not appropriate here, it is not even close to fitting this circumstance.

I looked for a WSJ link in your post to see if there was an article with that title and did not see one.
Anyway that is not the way to use that phrase, wrong place.

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
Yesterday, The Wall Street Journal interviewed Attorney General William Barr. I read some highlights of this interview on NOQ Report and located a short YouTube clip on it, that shows Barr summing up "the two biggest bombshells from Inspector General Michael Horowitz's investigation and report."

Make no doubt about it, the FBI purposely withheld information from the FISA courts and lied when they told the court that they had a credible witness who backed up what Steele claimed in the dossier.

edit on Wed Dec 11 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: Trimmed massive quote

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

The problem he faces though is all signs point to Obama and his staff. As Lisa Page stated, POTUS wanted to know everything about what they were doing with Trump. He was also their boss, directing them to do everything.

That's not a problem... that's his JOB!!! It shouldn't be Barr's problem... but Barr should damn well be making sure it's Obama's problem!

Now, with that being said, is it really possible to go directly after Obama.

Of course it is. And even if it isn't, then it's Barr's job to change that. Not make wussy excuses that excuses the guilty and perpetuates the systemic abuses.

He could but look what he would be up against. The media, half the country would run outside with pitchforks and fire. Legally he should go after him but what good would it do. No matter what Obama did half the country and the media would scoff at it. Barr would have the legal high ground but not the political momentum for justice.

Boo freaking hoo. People doing bad things never like to be caught and face the consequences. But that's exactly the job Barr accepted. If he's not up to the challenge, then he needs to resign and go find his safe space.

If he doesn't do his job, and he doesn't resign so someone else can do the job, then he's nothing but a willing fixer who provides legal criminal cover for the guilty. At least those he so chooses. Like Lon Horiuchi.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Never gonna happen. If he had the political momentum, like they did with Nixon, then yes, he could go after Obama. Congress doesn't honor laws. Look at them, they constantly break their own rules in simple proceedings. Even when people lie to them under oath they do nothing. The only thing that can be done is show the people and let them decide with their voting power. I don't like it but that's how it works.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

Never gonna happen. If he had the political momentum, like they did with Nixon, then yes, he could go after Obama.

Okay... but then you are effectively saying it's simply politics and Barr is nothing more than a willing and knowing fixer. This isn't a damn popularity contest. The laws are the laws. The evidence is the evidence. Barr either has the goods or he doesn't. Barr either does his job or he doesn't. He can shove his pitiable excuses where the sun don't shine.

Congress doesn't honor laws.

Hmmm... one might think the Founding Fathers would have foreseen such an event and provided for that... you know... something like a justice department to ENFORCE THE LAWS with clear separation of powers...

Oh wait! They did!!!

Look at them, they constantly break their own rules in simple proceedings. Even when people lie to them under oath they do nothing.

But according to you, no one can do anything... certainly not the branch of government responsible for doing so. You've made every excuse for the top dog Attorney General doing absolutely nothing. Because "feelz." Because some people won't like Barr. Oh noes! The horror of it all!!!

The only thing that can be done is show the people and let them decide with their voting power.

That's definitely one thing that can be done... full transparency... give people the truth, the WHOLE truth, and nothing but the truth. But that's not happening and you damn well know it. So people are voting according to rumors and gossip and unsubstantiated leaks, all with a political agenda behind it.

And just assuming that our elections are fair and honest is quite a stretch. But, of course, no one can do anything about it, right?

I don't like it but that's how it works.

Because too many people are too happy making excuses for them, enabling and empowering them, perpetuating and escalating the bad behavior.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Like Lon Horiuchi.

Yeah, that's a bad one.
I couldn't run cover for a guy that would intentionally shoot an unarmed woman that was holding a baby.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Yeah, that's a bad one.
I couldn't run cover for a guy that would intentionally shoot an unarmed woman that was holding a baby.

And what makes it so much worse is that Barr went out of his way to do so, filing a "friend of the court" brief to do so, under absolutely no obligation to do so.

And I'm not the hardline "lock 'em up" type. I personally think we have too many laws and imprison too many people for the wrong reasons. People who do not pose a threat to others don't belong in jail... there are plenty of ways for non-violent offenders to pay their debt to society -- fines, community service, ankle monitors, probation.

But this sure ain't one of them. "Depraved heart" comes to mind.

new topics

top topics

join