It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Limited Time Only. . . . Artwork for sale

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That is awesome 😎

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Good god, everybody's missing the point here that is so damn obvious, the piece is about sexual repression in America!

The wood being an OBVIOUS euphemism for male genitalia should have been easy to recognize immediately. The sock represents the attempts in vain for the conservatives' push to repress our sexuality. In this case, the sock (a phallic shape, too!) is used to cover/hide the penis as if it's shameful. But it doesn't hide much, because you can't successfully hide or repress sexuality for long. Finally, the duct tape represents forcefully imposing those views on others.

Come on, people, the artist is brilliant! This is a masterful way of giving the prudes of our nation a big ol' middle finger via art.
edit on 12/9/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   
After further scrutiny, this could be a piece having double meaning here. This could also be representative of the male oppression in a post-#MeToo America. I can see how the wood still represents men, as a euphemism for their genitalia, and the sock being a blemish or black mark foist upon them via peer pressure & force, which is represented by the duct tape.

This could be one of the most profound works of art of the modern era here, guys. It's phenomenal!

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   
No one has mentioned the obvious.

I thought it was self-explanatory.

The tape nearest the top of the sock representing my tribute to the brave men and women who have fallen protesting lactose intolerance.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   
As of this morning? Someone ate the banana. It has been replaced

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

On the plus side...you'll no longer be wearing those socks with Zazz's Manolo Blahniks.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
For the last time DB, I'm not laundering you any money. Even if laundering it for actual laundry is hilarious.
edit on 12/9/2019 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

lack of cannibals when you need one.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
As of this morning? Someone ate the banana. It has been replaced

Doubt that will happen to the sock...

But then again...

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Do you bit coin?
You take pesos?
Before I steal this priceless work of art, what's in your diet and do you have toe jams?
Do your feet have a cheesy oder? Stinky cheese earns gold.

Put this on Ebay... I'll drop you $50 if it earns $20.

Anyone know if EBay still exist? I'm far to lazy to look for myself.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

OMG!! YOU MONSTER!!!
😆😆😆😆
No but Epstein didn't kill himself.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I'm afraid it is a little too derivative for my tastes. More pastiche than statement. However, I might pay $5.00 USD to see someone eat it.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

One more strip of duct tape across the mouth, aaaaaaannnnd....he's done.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   
This may of been answered ..

But is it a left footed sock or right footed? My bid depends on the answer

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   

The particle board, to me, represents our society succinctly. Where we were once strong, and solid, we are now fragmented, but, with enough chemicals and forced pressure, we can once again bind together - as long as we don't get wet.

Socks! Proverbial wool socks will help to wick the moisture of destruction away, and our throwaway society can stand the test of time - recycled, compressed, and full of sticky, gooey chemicals.

What the chemicals, pressure, fragments of wood and sock represent, only the individual experiencer of this artwork can decide.

I've been truly moved. If 99,999 other people want to get in on a fractional share, I'm in for a full dollar!

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Did Lacey Evans wear it...and is it still sweaty? I want to make a clone of her and then marry it.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

One more strip of duct tape across the mouth, aaaaaaannnnd....he's done.

But they taste to terrible... You really need to cook the meat for hours, slowly.. or it's chewy and tough. They've not had enough time to become tender.

... so I was told on HowToEatyourChildren.com

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
This is a size 11-13 black wool sock and 2 pieces of duct tape.
Bidding starts at 100,000.00 dollars.

What the fluck!? You posted last week that you had plenty of money. And where are those plane tickets?

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Awesome...

Although the black sock could be considered racist by some...You are 'hanging' it.....be careful.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Magnificent!

Truly inspired and thought-provoking work, you are, without doubt, an artistic genius.

I am about to exhibit my latest work, it's a subjectively simplistic and shockingly surreal work depicting an extra long and thick Human turd...it represents rampant consumerism and consumption and the effects this has on society.

Brilliant, i know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join