It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we all simplistic in nature.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
People are classified on a scale of smartness when everybody in the world is simplistic to his or herself in their base intelligenge. What i mean is that if u find something very easy like maths or some other academic subject then u are not really clever in a sense because it is so simplistic in your way of thinking, it is only the differences between people that make us 'smart' or 'dumb'. In this sense these words have no meaning whatsoever, this applies to everything in life which also makes the word complex baseless as it is subjective to what people find simple or not.
What i am getting at is this: Does complexity exist or is it soley based on what reference point we use, in a human case the dicrepency between the 'elite' the 'average' and the 'dumb'?

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufo3
People are classified on a scale of smartness when everybody in the world is simplistic to his or herself in their base intelligenge. What i mean is that if u find something very easy like maths or some other academic subject then u are not really clever in a sense because it is so simplistic in your way of thinking, it is only the differences between people that make us 'smart' or 'dumb'. In this sense these words have no meaning whatsoever, this applies to everything in life which also makes the word complex baseless as it is subjective to what people find simple or not.
What i am getting at is this: Does complexity exist or is it soley based on what reference point we use, in a human case the dicrepency between the 'elite' the 'average' and the 'dumb'?

No. We believe some thing's are complex.....However once these tasks have been tried, tested and completed and then successfully duplicated then the situation becomes simple because we know it. Simple. If you don't know how it works it is complex but once you know, well you know and it becomes easy to do. As for math's geniuses these are just some very clever people lucky enough to be able to work out complex equations in their head.

join