It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breathing Underwater Dreams?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Hey...this might sound stupid but I was just wondering if anyone has an explanation as to my reoccuring dream...

Sometimes it's not in the same place or time..But it usually ends up with a car going over a bridge into water...falling into a swimming pool...anywhere where water can be...

I end up panicking (in my dream) and right before I am going to "die" I suddenly learn how to breath by expanding my chest and re-breathing my own air inside me) (Not opening my nose or mouth) I figure out how to breathe and I keep telling myself! "People need to know this! God made it possible for humans to breath underwater! They just haven't figured it out yet!" I keep breathing underwater and insisting on finding every scientist possible and the rest of the world...when I wake up...and tell them
that it IS possible to breathe like fish do... But then I wake up and completly forget how to do it...

I also fly ALOT in my dreams... just by flapping my arms the right way LOL In fact I have flying dreams almost every single night...

Is it true that not many people have these types of "flying, breathing underwater dreams"???? Or is it actually quite common? I told my friends and family and they all thought I was loonie...LOL..and now I suppose you all will think I'm loonie as well...LOL

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I first remeber breathing in my dreams around age 18. That was the point I began to lucid dream.
Years later, in the NOW time.....I am having out of body experiances and that TO feels like I am breathing underwater.
Google up lucid dreaming, and OOBE and check stuff out.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
In most of my dreams I am breathing underwater at some point. The last one I had I was in a gunfight on a boat and had to jump overboard and go underwater to save my self.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I thought for sure i was the only one that dreamt I could breath underwater...

Dreams are so weird...LOL Sometimes I seriously think we DO leave our bodies and go somewhere subconciously...like our minds actually enter different dimensions or something

Like my sister and I have many many times woke up in the morning comparing identical dreams...and we used to say "Maybe we met up in dreamland for real" ...

But now I know it's just lucid dreams...But still...You never know...

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I had an underwater dream once. I don't remember much, but I was on a little boat in a lake with my bf at that time. And some how we ended up in the water. he swam to shore and I sank to the bottom. I was so scared of drowning. Next thing I know I am walking back to shore under the water. I breathed under the water just fine.

I agree, dreams are strange. I have had stranger ones though.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I think we can breath under water in our dreams because if we were to hold our breath in our dreams we might actually do it and then suffocate to death.

join