It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost(s) in my house part 5

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Last thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So today I was upstairs and actually watched a slightly open door move more open about 5 inches. It was really quite amazing. I definitely have never seen anything like that before. Complete defiance of all physics.

Just wanted to post this.

I am now 100% sure there is some paranormal something in my house.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Had the same thing happen in my old 100+ yr old house.
My infant son was crying in his room...I got up in the middle of the night...walked across the upstairs foyer to his door...and it completely opened for me by itself.

I figured our ghost was just trying to help.
We named him "Arnold".

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I used to live in a really old house, where doors would constantly slam shut if the master bedroom door was open. Whenever I slept in the master bedroom, I'd just hear angry foot steps up and down the hallway all night, as well as doors randomly slamming shut.

So, obviously I moved my bed out of the master bedroom and then never heard a peep, just so long as I kept that master bedroom door shut. It was almost as if I had an agreement with a harmless entity... It was all good, just so long as I stayed
away from the master bedroom and kept the door closed.

Or maybe it was all in my head and just had something to do with the airflow of the house... who knows?

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Man I just read all of the related threads, and, woah! It seems very chilling...

You mentioned in an earlier thread you were going to install cameras. Have you had any luck with those?

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
A door moving 5 inches seemingly on its own is not a complete defiance of all physics. There are a bevy of physical world explanations for this phenomena. I've seen it happen several times in my home as well and have been able to debunk it every time. For example, in my old bedroom the door sat precariously on its hinges and when a large truck would go down the road outside the vibrations would cause the door to seemingly open on its own.

Obviously, I would need video evidence and a complete account of the environmental conditions as well as the status of the door before forming a real opinion. I haven't had the time to go back through your other posts yet, but plan to later if you have provided evidence there.

I am interested in the paranormal and have witnessed odd occurrences in my home as well. Some that I have been able to explain away and some that still currently defy explanation. However, under no circumstance whatsoever have I ever witnessed something that could be explained by the presence of an actual dead person manipulating the object. There is just no evidence to suggest that and to automatically make that leap in logic is absurd.

I remember a video from one of the ghost shows back in the day that went viral that showed a decent sized rock levitating off the ground and then firing off down the hallway of what was an old, abandoned building. Now, again this video evidence is interesting to me as I do not have a ready explanation for why it occurred. However, any true believer in ghosts cannot to prove that a dead human being picked up that rock and tossed it down the hallway. What we do have is something that is currently unexplained, which is what makes it interesting. But the minute you start automatically labeling "Dead Uncle Fred" renders it utterly absurd and scares off any real intellectually curious researchers or scientific minds from investigating the phenomena any further.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

At my last house I had a foosball table. The ghosts in that house would actually play foosball. I'm not talking about a ball slowly rolling due to an unlevel table, I'm talking knobs moving the "players" in and out and spinning around moving just like 2 people were playing- it was cool as heck! Scared away a lot of people though. Lots of weirdness in that house!

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I'm a tad late to this, so I had to go back and read your story from the beginning. I enjoyed reading your experiences, and wish to impart my gratitude that you've posted them at all.

But, I'd be lying if I said I was not worried for you and your family..

By all accounts this entity of yours is chaotic at best, and clearly powerful. For the dead, it is no small feat to learn to manipulate the physical plane - Not an impossible skill to acquire, but not at all easy. That being said; I don't think what you are dealing with is really a ghost at all. My reason for this thinking is as follows:

1. Sulfuric smells
  2. Mimicry (Calling in a familiar voice)
  3. Scratches
  4. High level of activity and ability (Aggressive slamming/object manipulation)

The Last two are not necessarily indicative of something inhuman (though clearly not positive in orientation), but when added with the First two are of a worrisome quality regardless. I was nervous to learn you've spent a night in the basement watching scary movies in the dark alone, but to each their own!

If you are dead-set on communicating with your unseen guest, might I suggest investing in a deck of tarot cards? They are simple, effective ways to communicate with the symbolism of images and numbers. They would be most effective in bridging any language barrier and/or Tech barrier, and are a trillion times safer than spirit boards or other gate-opening scrying methods.

I say this because I personally find the "Ghost Radar" app and the tech it's based on to be nothing but random dictionary salad. But Alas, To each their own!
edit on 24-10-2019 by Inquisitive1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Had the same thing happen in my old 100+ yr old house.
My infant son was crying in his room...I got up in the middle of the night...walked across the upstairs foyer to his door...and it completely opened for me by itself.

I figured our ghost was just trying to help.
We named him "Arnold".

Yeah, I haven't been "harmed" by these things in quite some time. It's been quiet for a while until this. I haven't named them, scared to do so.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

I used to live in a really old house, where doors would constantly slam shut if the master bedroom door was open. Whenever I slept in the master bedroom, I'd just hear angry foot steps up and down the hallway all night, as well as doors randomly slamming shut.

So, obviously I moved my bed out of the master bedroom and then never heard a peep, just so long as I kept that master bedroom door shut. It was almost as if I had an agreement with a harmless entity... It was all good, just so long as I stayed
away from the master bedroom and kept the door closed.

Or maybe it was all in my head and just had something to do with the airflow of the house... who knows?

I have never seen any door move in my house the entire time I have lived here. Since 2002. So for 17 years. There was no environmental issues here that day and no other doors or windows were open.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: raedar

Man I just read all of the related threads, and, woah! It seems very chilling...

You mentioned in an earlier thread you were going to install cameras. Have you had any luck with those?

My wife did not let me put cams everywhere (only in my domain, the basement and the mancave) and where I have put them, nothing has been seen since I put them there.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Inquisitive1
I'm a tad late to this, so I had to go back and read your story from the beginning. I enjoyed reading your experiences, and wish to impart my gratitude that you've posted them at all.

But, I'd be lying if I said I was not worried for you and your family..

By all accounts this entity of yours is chaotic at best, and clearly powerful. For the dead, it is no small feat to learn to manipulate the physical plane - Not an impossible skill to acquire, but not at all easy. That being said; I don't think what you are dealing with is really a ghost at all. My reason for this thinking is as follows:

1. Sulfuric smells
  2. Mimicry (Calling in a familiar voice)
  3. Scratches
  4. High level of activity and ability (Aggressive slamming/object manipulation)

The Last two are not necessarily indicative of something inhuman (though clearly not positive in orientation), but when added with the First two are of a worrisome quality regardless. I was nervous to learn you've spent a night in the basement watching scary movies in the dark alone, but to each their own!

If you are dead-set on communicating with your unseen guest, might I suggest investing in a deck of tarot cards? They are simple, effective ways to communicate with the symbolism of images and numbers. They would be most effective in bridging any language barrier and/or Tech barrier, and are a trillion times safer than spirit boards or other gate-opening scrying methods.

I say this because I personally find the "Ghost Radar" app and the tech it's based on to be nothing but random dictionary salad. But Alas, To each their own!

I take this into account. I have been really trying to avoid interacting with it or them lately. It seems to work for the most part.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

At my last house I had a foosball table. The ghosts in that house would actually play foosball. I'm not talking about a ball slowly rolling due to an unlevel table, I'm talking knobs moving the "players" in and out and spinning around moving just like 2 people were playing- it was cool as heck! Scared away a lot of people though. Lots of weirdness in that house!

That is crazy, if true that would be something to be seen.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

That is crazy, if true that would be something to be seen.

Oh it's definitely true, with plenty of witnesses as well to not just the foosball table games- lots of insane things happened there. Thank goodness that house was torn down and replaced with a new one before I left. As far as I know nothing freaky has happened since the old place was torn down (my ex still lives there in the new house and one of my daughters still visits occasionally).

I had friends and some relatives who would come no closer than the driveway there and some who wouldn't come over at all because of experiences in that house. Several people had died in that house (it was very old) and all made their presence known, one (whom we nicknamed Grandpa) even appeared physically a few times. Pretty sure we had something demonic in there for a while and that time period was extremely scary!

All in all I wouldn't trade my experiences there (though I'm sure the kids would as it effected their social lives for a time). It gave me some really interesting stories to tell as well as gave many other people some cool stories as well!

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Whatever you do, don't write a letter to it!

top topics

join