It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suddenly, I don't need my glasses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
So I was in the hospital for the last 4 days on 2 different antibiotics. I've been fighting an infection for a while and they are the 7th and 8th different antibiotic I've been on since July.

Today I put my glasses on for the first time since Tuesday and I no longer need my glasses. In fact, when I put my glasses on, it's a little blurry.

When I got my glasses, I had 20/80 vision in one eye and 20/30 vision in the other.

Now, without my glasses, I can see and read street signs that I couldn't before. I wouldn't say I have 20/20 vision and I'd have to get checked...

But does anyone have an idea about this one? Did I find a conspiracy?

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc
That happened to my father, but not suddenly.
He was naturally short-sighted. One common effect of the aging process is to make the eyes more long-sighted (I suppose the muscles moving the lenses are getting weaker). In my father's case, the long-term effect was that the long sight of age was enough to cancel out his original short sight, so he started taking off his glasses to read, and eventually gave them up altogether.

Perhaps your antibiotics have done something similar to affect (and accidentally improve) the focussing of your own natural lenses.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Consider yourself lucky then
My eyesight has gone bad since my heart attacks but not by that much 20% maybe , But i have heard of cases where 80+ % of eyesight has gone in someone after a heart attack.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
So you've tried like 7 antibiotics but no one suggested you eat manuka honey?

That's disappointing, considering that honey is the safest and most effective antibiotic known to mankind.

Glad at least one of the meds you got seems to be helping tho. Very Happy to hear your vision is improving, congrats!

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Having honey on the jar label might not always come from bees these days dailyhealthpost.com...

Ditto all the GMO crops and what they are doing to the bee populations

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Friend got better far vision (used to need glasses to read signs) BUT THEN CATARACTS from being on metronidazole tabs and IV

Apparently the toxoplasma they are spraying as a fast route to the brain is infecting eyeballs, and this and or metronidale affected the muscles holding the lens, refocusing images a bit deeper into the eye so he saw better til the cataracts.

Would be interesting to find out if your change is refractory or other (ie, pressure or lens muscle issue, too.

Best luck at optometrist/opthamologist!

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
My sister's vision for close tiny print improved greatly. She went to get checked and found out she was full on diabetic. Your body does strange things.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

The lens inside our eyes are not actual, solid lens. Muscles are attached to the flexible tissue and can be stretched as needed to create the correct refraction.

That means a lot of it depends on the muscles and their condition. Age makes them weaker so as we age and those muscles are less able to stretch the lens properly, our focus changes. This can take years.

Sudden changes like yours can happen due to medication, their interactions, muscle damage, neurological damage... even stress. I would mention this to your doctor for sure to rule out medication.

It could also be linked to whatever you spent 4 days in the hospital for, but I won't ask about something personal like that. Talk to your doc.

And enjoy your clear sight!

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
This is definitely interesting. I can read the closed-caption on the TV without my glasses now too.

I was also on Tramadol while I was in the hospital for Raynaud's. I'm wondering if that could have temporarily changed the size of the pupil of my eyes. But i wasn't on it last night or today.

originally posted by: muzzleflash

My Doctor and I talked about once. He didn't think it would be helpful.
edit on 19-10-2019 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I would guess your Raynaud's itself or a change in medication is affecting this. Raynaud's is as you know an issue with vasoconstriction to the extremities, usually hands and feet, but can manifest in other ways. A quick search shows that there are ocular manifestations of Raynaud's.

A change in your Raynaud's medication or its interaction with new medications could have increased the blood flow to the muscles controlling your lens, and in turn they could have started working better. Or it could be the other way around and the blood flow is further decreased. You are likely on a calcium channel blocker of some sort and that can have interactions.

Either way, I'd talk to your doctor and not us. And ask about ocular manifestations of Raynaud's.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I've heard that glaucoma can also make some people's vision better initially. Something to do with the pressure in the eyes.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oraculi
Either way, I'd talk to your doctor and not us. And ask about ocular manifestations of Raynaud's.

I will. Thank you. Ocular problems with Raynaud's is a new one I haven't heard before.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   
My father's eyes suddenly were better and that is when the cataract had covered to a certain point.
Apparently, during the formation of cataracts, there is a point were you see much better Before it fully forms.
Talk with your physician

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc
This is definitely interesting. I can read the closed-caption on the TV without my glasses now too.

I was also on Tramadol while I was in the hospital for Raynaud's. I'm wondering if that could have temporarily changed the size of the pupil of my eyes. But i wasn't on it last night or today.

My Doctor and I talked about once. He didn't think it would be helpful.

Interesting you mention Reynaud's. I've never known it to be related to eyes, but I suppose someone who tends to peripheral artery constriction could be struggling to get blood/oxygen to the eyes efficiently?

Perhaps the medications you were on had an unintended effect of opening up the peripheral arteries in such a way as to dilate your arteries? Or being really well-hydrated with IV fluids possibly (if you were, I don't know?)

I guess whether your vision remains improved or reverts may tell a lot. Definitely document medications and any other possibly relevant information, track any changes and have a chat with the eye doc.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I can tell you how I got my vision back after 11 years of wearing glasses, which encompassed 10 years of marriage...I GOT A DIVORCE! True story!!

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   

That's disappointing, considering that honey is the safest and most effective antibiotic known to mankind.

Glad at least one of the meds you got seems to be helping tho. Very Happy to hear your vision is improving, congrats!

Enough with the natural stuff...sometimes you need medicine...I have tried dozens of natural remedies and with the exception of one they did nothing but putting me further in debt.
Oil of oregano- crap did nothing for sinus infection or upper respiratory infection
Coilidal Silver-Crap did nothing for sinus infection
Manuka Honey- Crap did nothing for sinus infection and no relief for allergies or my asthma
Lions Mane offered no increase in memory
Chaga did not boost my immune system..still came down with cold
Stinging Nettle tea is crap..does not help my sinuses
My father had taken wheat grass forever and sadly he passed...we later found that he had significant blockage in his heart despite taking a multitude of other natural products.
No offense but people love throwing out home remedies. There is no way to measure whether it is a placebo effect or the natural product that actuly worked or simply that their body fought off whatever it was over time. Antibiotics work and save lives...

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

Perhaps you're not thinking about natural stuff as you put it in the right way, food shou l d be eaten as a medicine, you use natural products and eat organic foods.

Having an unhealthy diet and thinking you can get healthy by trying oil of oregano and drinking a little nettle tea as a quick fix is ineffective, you eat organic and take all the natural substances as an everyday thing. Eating healthy is a lifestyle and if you do it you will find all sorts of positive benefits.

If your looking for a quick fix you go see big pharma., which is what most people do, they eat crap then see the doctor for pills to mask the issues.

Using food as a medicine is not a placebo and absolutely works.

new topics

top topics

join