It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

shotguns?

page: 1

join
share:
RAB

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Is there any guilded bombs missiles etc who's warhead is more like a shotgun round the a rifle round ? :-)

RAB

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   
In what system of guidance are you talking about laser or something. all missles are kindaguided i yhink or the wouldent hit there target. And do you mean something like a cluster bomb

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I think he means a kind of Claymore mine idea... emitting large amounts of shrapnel. There are indeed, but I forget which, I've only just woken up

RAB

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slashpepper
I think he means a kind of Claymore mine idea... emitting large amounts of shrapnel. There are indeed, but I forget which, I've only just woken up

that is exactly what i mean :-)

For example a claymore type thing on a missiles would be very bad for u!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Theres one of those in the movie, Behind Enemy Lines, its the missile that causes them to crash.

Sorry I couldnt be more helpful I dont know to much about missiles.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
For many years and until quite recently the RAF weapon of choice on its Harrier, Jaguar, Tornado etc was the Hunting BL755 cluster bomb. This is the only weapon similar to what you describe that I am aware of.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Its a possibility that hes referring to cluster bombs? There are videos of these bombs, equiped with a parachute, that float down over the target and "spray" hundreds of charges over and area, each of which explodes with thousands of high energy rounds into tanks, LAV, etc. Very effective, but some people consider it inhumane because some cluster bomb frags dont explode and stay litered on the battlefield.

www.globalsecurity.org...

There is also a fuel air bomb which sprays its fuel out then ignites it like an explosive fireball, very powerful, I thin the MOAB uses this technology.

www.globalsecurity.org...

Train

Edit: Waynos, you just barely beat me to it

[edit on 7-3-2005 by BigTrain]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
ther is or used to be one that released " DARTS" . it was an anti radar device.
I cant remember what it was called, TMYTMB.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Many air to air missiles "fire" steel ball projectiles a few milliseconds before the "primary" explosion, much like a shotgun blast with a big bang behind it.

should have said SAM's I expect there are air to airs using the same or similar principal

[edit on 7-3-2005 by cyberpilot]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Many air to air missiles use blast fragmentation, I assume there is many bombs that use this too and cannon rounds for armored vehicles, like the BMP-3's 100mm cannon with HE-Frag rounds.

but that's more like a grenade.

the Patriot PAC-3 uses a directional charge or projectile IIRC.

top topics

join