It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the plan to get rid of all local schools?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Are trends showing us that local schools will be eventually be eliminated?

Will all children eventually only use an online school? Will parents have to pay extra to supplement arts/music/sports?
Will children with two working parents have to pay to send their kids to a daycare to take these online classes?
I've noticed commercials locally that encourage "free online school"
www.k12.com...

Look at things happening:
School safety insecurity, active shooters, teachers molesting children, bullying. How many times have we heard
"public schools are no longer safe".

Teachers leaving the profession
Teachers striking
Cost of teachers pension unsustainable
the rising number of people homeschooling
transportation costs are through the roof and there aren't enough bus drivers

Schools are offering less robust sports/arts/music programs, and kids are joining traveling teams and other non school sponsored sports/arts/music.
Many of these activities are very expensive. This would be a way to further push the divide between the rich the poor, without schools being directly involved. My guess is high priced private schools would still be offered.

I see great benefits to online schools. You could have the best of the best teachers offering classes to the masses. You could expose children to other children all over the country. Kids could get a more in depth look at history and geography of those regions.
The cost of online schooling would be substantially less expensive.

For everything that is good, of course there is an equally bad side. Will this be used to mass program kids? Will it be used to revise history? Will it be used to take property taxes and siphon them in other ways? Just think about how much money that is. School costs are usually the largest amount on your property taxes. Will this be used to further separate people? Those that have little parenting skills won't have the discipline to ensure their child is following the program. How will that be handled? I think this is one way that home schooled children are slipping through the cracks right now. (this is not a dig at home schooled children, some are much better off than their public school counterparts). I've known home schooled children that are by all accounts illiterate. Right now in some states, it is pretty much hands off. Will the state get involved if parents aren't keeping their kids up to standards.

Anyone in IT has seen the writing on the wall.
Look at children as young as 2 that know how to operate a cell phone. Children are starting to learn power-point and excel in 4th grade. Books online, art online, everything online.... The technology is there and both parents and kids are gobbling it up. Part of me thinks that this plan will really start to take off once the baby boomers are gone. They are the last generation that is opposed to technology.

edit on 25-9-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
theres a prison shortage;

doubt the tax would go down, though.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Any ideas on what to do with millions of teachers? a reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I hope not.

I like having my peaceful time with kids out of the house. Also, where would they develop social skills within their peer groups? It isn’t practical.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigbrooklyn
Any ideas on what to do with millions of teachers? a reply to: JAGStorm

That is the million dollar question. Of course some would teach the online classes. Some would work in the kid centers. Some would help with the teaching materials. Some would be available for testing centers, or field trips, or go to private schools. That still leaves a lot of people. Maybe just like any other sector, they would not back fill positions, and they would start letting go of teachers in tiers.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

What a sad state of affairs that would be, kids these days are already having enough problems navigating the big bad world, imagine the detrimental consequences of then isolating them in front of screens for a further 7-8 hours a day.

So many rites of passage and social skills developed by attending school that prepare you for the world at large.

edit on 2592019 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Public school really sucked ass based on my personal experience.
I could tear it apart on many levels.
I'm not in any mood to get started.
There are better ways of educating children.
Hell, you could probably throw a tot off in the woods with a speak-n-spell and get better results.
I hated public school on the deepest of levels the entire time I was forced to endure it.
Let'em rot I say.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Short answer, no. Online schools are #. I had my daughter in one last year, horrible teachers doing nothing. Got her in the local one, and Bam, almost straight a's. Not to mention that with less and less social skills, you would be guaranteeing more active shooters not less.

Jaden

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
and regarding cell phones and powerpoint,

its incognito programming and enslavement, respectively.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

What a sad state of affairs that would be, kids these days are already having enough problems navigating the big bad world, imagine the detrimental consequences of then isolating them in front of screens for a further 7-8 hours a day.

So many rites of passage and social skills developed by attending school that prepare you for the world at large.

If their struggling, maybe the rites of passage and social skills development they get at school aren’t working. Been this way for along time, every generation seems to get worse.

How great it would be to empower young people to have an active roll in their education, rather than a passerby stressing about social nuances and boredom. An engaged young adult armed with a sense of accomplishment and we’ll sourced knowledge will be more passionate and rise as a leader among their peers. They won’t be just another socialite worrying about their performance for individual, hoping for a raise. They will be creating a path of passion that other can follow, They won’t regret missing out on Homecoming or flipping over their tassel. They will be the ones hiring their friends, and fellow leaders into their new business, they will be he ones to set the social norms.

Whoa... sorry...Rant over

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I spent eighteen years in a public school as a support staff member and I can tell you with no reservations that kids would be better off learning online than with a good 60-70% of teachers employed by public schools. Yes, from my observations and having two kids go through that school system most of those teachers were more concerned about how many paid staff days off they got and how much more money they could bargain for than how they could help kids excel. And most of those teachers made more than the average. They aren't hurting in this district. But the kids are and that's why I believe more kids will be home-schooled and will also be taught online than ever before in the coming years. Socials skills? Gosh, I don't know... neighborhood kids/friends maybe? 4H? Scouts?

I don't know too many types of business that are run like schools are, except maybe prisons. In the average workplace you aren't in close groups of 20-30 for an hour, then moved to another for an hour, then another, then all congregated in a lunch room for twenty minutes, then an afternoon of the classroom shuffle. Real jobs aren't like that. Once the initial base education is taught, life skills need to be prioritized instead of some of the crap they're teaching now.

Yeah, I'm upset with how education has changed, but I saw it every day for a long time. I'm glad I'm out now, life is better in the real world.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Not sure which one is going to get cemented in first, tele-medicine or tele-school.

Both are surely on the horizon.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Maybe? I know 5 parents that home school.

10 years ago I didn't know any.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: tulsi

I don't mean to go off topic here but I was wondering if it's legal for a private citizen to own a prison?

And if they did could they run it their way? Like for example make it cleaner and less hard? A prison that really tries to reform the inmates.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Who is going to be able to work and take care of children? I could see this being a viable option for yangs UBI people but even then you would still need a parent or family member to watch them because 1000 dollars a month won’t cut rent in most states.

I believe it will most likely be giant open buildings with 1,000’s of students looking at a projector screen and 100’s of teacher aids getting paid minimum wage to pay attention to students. Instead of multiple teacher positions at every grade level you only need one actual teachers. That will probably be the beginning of the end.

In truth school is intended to give students the skills to work. With less and less work being needed due to automation the schools may become a thing of the past.

A restructuring of lesson plans and actually skills needs to be acquired with this new non work generation. I believe most people will opt out of teaching children skills like math and focus on social skills. Since most people will not be working they will probably form extreme social circles almost cult like to fill the time. Like with everything people will tie themselves into their social circles as being part of their persona, republican, Democrat, religious, non religious, black, white etc. the social credit system like Facebook based on likes will determine your status within this society “ yes like the black mirror episode”. However it won’t be taking pictures of food to get likes or selfies It will be hinged on progressing your cult culture over another’s. After awhile people will invest the UBI money into these things. Jesus the more I think about it that’s now only multiplied by 1000. I believe corporations will help in turning everyone into some form of E-Celebrity trying to sell you something for extra play money. Eventually this fake social cohesion will evaporate as it becomes oppressive in nature and humanity will collapse as low birth rates and high cost of living limit the poor from breeding

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   
will I no longer be responsible to pay property taxes every year even though I've never had any children?

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Veryolduser

I believe it will most likely be giant open buildings with 1,000’s of students looking at a projector screen and 100’s of teacher aids getting paid minimum wage to pay attention to students. Instead of multiple teacher positions at every grade level you only need one actual teachers. That will probably be the beginning of the end.

No I see it more as a library type setting except hundreds of pods/ with separate computers or tablets for each child.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
I spent eighteen years in a public school as a support staff member and I can tell you with no reservations that kids would be better off learning online than with a good 60-70% of teachers employed by public schools. Yes, from my observations and having two kids go through that school system most of those teachers were more concerned about how many paid staff days off they got and how much more money they could bargain for than how they could help kids excel. And most of those teachers made more than the average. They aren't hurting in this district. But the kids are and that's why I believe more kids will be home-schooled and will also be taught online than ever before in the coming years. Socials skills? Gosh, I don't know... neighborhood kids/friends maybe? 4H? Scouts?

I don't know too many types of business that are run like schools are, except maybe prisons. In the average workplace you aren't in close groups of 20-30 for an hour, then moved to another for an hour, then another, then all congregated in a lunch room for twenty minutes, then an afternoon of the classroom shuffle. Real jobs aren't like that. Once the initial base education is taught, life skills need to be prioritized instead of some of the crap they're teaching now.

Yeah, I'm upset with how education has changed, but I saw it every day for a long time. I'm glad I'm out now, life is better in the real world.

Thank you so much for your input. I am not a teacher but almost my entire circle of friends are. They are all wore out and ready for retirement. Very few teachers have that spark anymore. The ones that do usually end up in private schools.

Some teachers have gotten much worse. A few years ago my kid had a teacher that was the worst bully a parent could imagine. I am not even kidding when I say that I called up that teachers and made her cry. I've learned how to deal with bullies and she got hers that day...(she deserved it, she really did)

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

I don't know too many types of business that are run like schools are, except maybe prisons.

I agree, but worse from the mind control aspect. They have prison like "lock down" procedures, video cams in every room and hallway, posters everywhere about how to act and obey the rules, and the use of a concept called "Conscious Discipline".

In the elementary schools you have rules about student conduct while in the classrooms, lunch room, playground, and society at large, with the ever present adult authority figures. The Conscious Discipline thing is particularly disturbing to me, the cartoon characters they use have this creepy 1950s era, MK Ultra feel to them.

Image of Characters

Conscious Discipline
edit on 26-9-2019 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added a link

top topics

join