It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Sharp Sword UAV

page: 1

join
share:
GD

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Interesting piece in the South China Morning Post. China is moving toward deploying a reconnaissance version of the sharp sword UAV off the decks of the Shandong. Sharp Sword

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: GD

fair warning. Minnie Chan is mocked on the sino internet and its fringes for writing fantasy stuff. I'm unsure how accurate that is.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Sounds like the world is gearing up for a major war again. I am pretty sure I will live long enough to see it happen. I do not plan on being here more than twenty years, with most probable time of less than twelve years.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Oh wow the USN should do the same thing!!!Maybe call it UCAAV or something ..

GD

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Oh, it’s definitely an organ of the government. Most journalists there are. a reply to: anzha

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Sounds like the world is gearing up for a major war again. I am pretty sure I will live long enough to see it happen. I do not plan on being here more than twenty years, with most probable time of less than twelve years.

I hope you get the full 20. Twelve is a bit short. I'm in the same boat. Let's hope there won't be a major (or even minor) war in the remainder of our lifetime.

edit on 9-18-2019 by LogicalGraphitti because: Added something.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

If there will be any conflict, it will first be in relation to Taiwan. And I'd imagine that would only happen if they feel their sphere of A2D2 is complete and they can absolutely dominate the United States. It just depends how strongly the US leans towards defending Taiwan in the future, that remains to be seen with future administrations.

Outside of that, I don't think we'll see anything significant as both sides have a lot to lose, as least for the time being. China would have to be confident it can insulate itself from crippling economic impacts and it may seek to split the current world order in half before that happens in order to accomplish that.

new topics

top topics

join