It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do the elite or corporations get out of people becoming more liberal and into science?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
2014 was a really cosmic year for me.

Back in 2014 I got tired of Call of Duty and I decided I want to experience all new gaming experiences. I finally picked up a copy of Mass Effect at my local GameStop and downloaded To The Moon from Steam. Those games were magical! I fell in love with their stories and characters!

Before 2014 I was never into sci fi but those games made me hunger for more stories like it. I went to my local bookstore and grabbed copies of the first three The Expanse novels and Ancillary Justice.

I was wishing why couldn't Hollywood make a fun space adventure better than the JJ Abrams Star Trek movies then boom Guardians of the Galaxy became a huge success!

And if that wasn't enough Cosmos was aired on Fox! Neil Degrasse Tyson did a good job at getting me to hope for a better future!

I also picked up The Sims 4 and also during that time a close friend came out. Before that I thought gay marriage should be decided by the states but after that I became fully supportive of gay rights.

I want the future to be a combination of Star Trek and the Culture by Iain M. Banks!

What does the elite or corporations get from me getting into sci fi and becoming more liberal?

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CmdrShep2154

It's not about making people liberal or more into science. Its about binary division and it's effectiveness keeping the masses fighting each other and focused on each other as they pull the strings On them while they rob us blind on resources and power over us.

Black vs white
Religious vs non religious
Christians vs Muslims
Gay vs straight
Democrat va Republican
Males vs female
Etc

edit on 52930America/ChicagoFri, 06 Sep 2019 19:52:12 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

called: dialectics

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CmdrShep2154
2014 was a really cosmic year for me.

Back in 2014 I got tired of Call of Duty and I decided I want to experience all new gaming experiences. I finally picked up a copy of Mass Effect at my local GameStop and downloaded To The Moon from Steam. Those games were magical! I fell in love with their stories and characters!

Before 2014 I was never into sci fi but those games made me hunger for more stories like it. I went to my local bookstore and grabbed copies of the first three The Expanse novels and Ancillary Justice.

I was wishing why couldn't Hollywood make a fun space adventure better than the JJ Abrams Star Trek movies then boom Guardians of the Galaxy became a huge success!

And if that wasn't enough Cosmos was aired on Fox! Neil Degrasse Tyson did a good job at getting me to hope for a better future!

I also picked up The Sims 4 and also during that time a close friend came out. Before that I thought gay marriage should be decided by the states but after that I became fully supportive of gay rights.

I want the future to be a combination of Star Trek and the Culture by Iain M. Banks!

What does the elite or corporations get from me getting into sci fi and becoming more liberal?
If you're a classic liberal? Not much. Those guys, with whom I often while heartedly disagree, are still team USA. Sci-Fi? Not much.

I'm not pro gay marriage, not even a little. In fact, I believe it is outright immoral. However, i firmly believe that the government needs to stay out of our business. If two gay people want to get married somewhere other than my church, then it's not my business, nor it's it the government's business. Frankly, neither is bigamy barring any objections from the first spouse which I believe to be equality immoral.

I'm not supposed to hold that view anymore. If I posted this on Twitter, then I might be subject to public shame and scorn and possibly censorship. I would be considered a bigot and shunned by many. That's the modern leftist status quo. "Shut them down. Think how we dictate or else." That's where the elites start to gain. More and more they are turning the left into an authoritarian party that can give them strict control and power.

What's money to these men except a means of power?

What's power without control?

Sci-Fi is just a fun way to propagandize you into their ideology. I love Sci-Fi. Im one of the biggest Star Trek nerds around. DS9, baby! Just be aware of the message they are sending.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   
what they get out

is hopeless peeps needing a outlet

everything they spew is negative

alll is not only dark..

no resolve, and all is dark

Not all see it that way..

a good day of rain on the mountains can sweep all the curds trail away!@

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Ultimately it's about control.

I was listening to some psuedo-science program on NPR one day. They were interviewing some talking head with a few letters behind his name and a couple of books with his name.

He spent a couple of minutes berating people of faith because they have what he supposed to be unquestioning belief in their God. (I am a man of faith and my faith is not unquestioning.)

He then proceeded to berate people who doubted whatever it was he was touting that day (climate change or aliens or atheism or whatever) and didn't hold to unquestioning belief in whatever he said.

It was stupid, ignorant, uninformed to believe in God. It was equally stupid, ignorant, uninformed to not believe unquestioningly in whatever he and his colleagues had to say.

It's about control.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Corporations and Some Entrepreneurs like BIG Government. The bigger the better. A Huge "Golden Goose" to be tapped in to.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 11:58 PM
link   
"What do the elite or corporations get out of people becoming more liberal and into science?"

Answer:
Gain more people they can control with fake science (using some truth), using emotional triggers causing fear so they can offer a solution and thus own you.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Perhaps as you get older your tastes are changing and horizons are broadening , no need to blame anyone else for changes you make to your life.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Because like religion, you'll have 'faith' in any manipulated science they feed you.

Reread that sentence.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   
watch the original cosmos its way better. also don't be a dummy liberal.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: CmdrShep2154

What do the elite or corporations get out of people becoming more liberal and into science?

Nothing they can't already get from those who are conservative, or becoming more conservative, and into...religion? Is that something you would contrast science with? It's either science or religion? Like popular philosophical naturalists in the media often do, such as Neil deGrasse Tyson who you mentioned?

Note the commentary about that subject from 6:06 - 9:03 in the documentary below:

edit on 11-9-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
There is no modern liberal into science. If they were they wouldn't be offended by pronouns.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   
As people become more liberal as they move into science and away from organized religion, they expect more from their Governments

They want more Govt controlled services, more regulation of corporations and more enforcement of the rules as they wake up to the nonsense that the right wing is hoping to keep from their uneducated mass followers

Centralized Govt control of all things is a result, and works directly into the elite's plan

As people move towards religion and follow false prophets like Trump, they grow more distrusting of Governments and institutions other than that religion, and want less Government control. However, they are willing to give up all semblance of control to that entity (trump, or the Church) instead. This moves them away from the power of the elite, but much closer to the power of whatever false prophet they've chosen to follow

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
Because like religion, you'll have 'faith' in any manipulated science they feed you.

Reread that sentence.

Famous quote from a right wing icon "trust, but verify"

I can verify things scientists tell me with experiments. If you can't (or won't) verify things (even simple things like looking up something Trump has told you on Google to confirm it) then you're doomed to any false narrative they want to feed you.
edit on 21-9-2019 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies

originally posted by: loam

Reread that sentence.

Famous quote from a right wing icon "trust, but verify"

I can verify things scientists tell me with experiments. If you can't (or won't) verify things (even simple things like looking up something Trump has told you on Google to confirm it) then you're doomed to any false narrative they want to feed you.

Trust but verify was a KGB thing at first, I believe.

And beyond that it isn’t specific to Trump. I work with someone who is a liberal catch-phrase parrot - and picks up any new ones and incorporates them into their vocabulary the minute they go mainstream.

Most people are sheep that want to be led - left or right leaning - for fear of not having a tribe to call their own and can’t find an identity without the approval of others. It’s a caveman character flaw that haunts society to this day - even though now that mentality serves a largely negative, divisive purpose.

top topics

join