It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A million euros if you can prove Bielefeld does not exist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I’m not sure if this is the correct forum so Mods feel free to move it if needs be.

The German City of Bielefeld has offered a million euros to anyone who can prove it doesn’t exist.

I’m sure the creative types on here can come up with a few ideas.

www.housebeautiful.com...

“Apparently, the speculation of its non-existence all started satirically, as computer expert Achim Held used it to lampoon actual online conspiracy theories, according to the Associated Press. It has since snowballed, with the mayor of the city regularly getting emails asking if Bielefeld is real. (At one point, even the Chancellor of Germany, Angela Merkel, jokingly cast doubt as to its existence, too.) There have also been beliefs that Kurt Cobain and Elvis Presley may still be alive in the city.”
edit on 24-8-2019 by Cymru because: Add context

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

We live in a Holographic Universe therefore the City of Bielefeld does not exist in a physical sense , like everything else it's only ones and zeros.
Sadly the same applies to the Million Euros even though I've already virtually spent it.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 05:40 AM
link   
You'd better start coughing up some green real fast.
I'll meet you here to accept your offer:
maps.app.goo.gl...

When you hand me the million you can tell me where you are.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

In my Matrix world I've already stolen Eu 999,999 off ya at the same time as you spent it. Agent Smith is not impressed and he's gunning for you to balance the equations.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Whats a "Germany" ?

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

It is truly amazing how stupid people can be...

Like 98% of conspiracy theories are logistically laughable and are not even profitable...

As if thousands of amoral people are risking it all for principles BWAHAHAHA

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: gort51

A cross between the 2nd poster & 5th poster; gortex - gort51

Next question?

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Or maybe Germans like to have some fun once in a while?

As if thousands of amoral people are risking it all for principles

What does this word salad even mean?

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru
I’m not sure if this is the correct forum so Mods feel free to move it if needs be.

The German City of Bielefeld has offered a million euros to anyone who can prove it doesn’t exist.

I’m sure the creative types on here can come up with a few ideas.

www.housebeautiful.com...

“Apparently, the speculation of its non-existence all started satirically, as computer expert Achim Held used it to lampoon actual online conspiracy theories, according to the Associated Press. It has since snowballed, with the mayor of the city regularly getting emails asking if Bielefeld is real. (At one point, even the Chancellor of Germany, Angela Merkel, jokingly cast doubt as to its existence, too.) There have also been beliefs that Kurt Cobain and Elvis Presley may still be alive in the city.”

So they're expecting a few dummies to fail an exercise in futility ? For a joke ?

Die frechen scheissen

Ich habe auf den Mond gepisst

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

That people don’t orchestrate vast conspiracies that are not profitable.

That would require them to be spending their fortunes to push a principled agenda.. . Rather than investing in a profitable venture..

Exactly like with this story... there is no money in hiding a town..

maybe they are growing opium there, and that is profitable, but that is a whole new conspiracy theory needed to validate my original conspiracy theory..

For example...

Assuming climate change is real..

Is it profitable for big oil companies to pay off politicians and such to halt any costly regulation?

Obviously..

Is perpetrating the conspiracy cheaper than the potential payout..

Yes...

Now assuming climate change is a hoax..

Is it profitable to fake climate change, paying off all required scientists, media , exc and maintaining that conspiracy???

No..

Is a carbon tax more than they would have spent perpetrating the conspiracy???

No...

That requires thousands of people to be spending their fortunes and risking their freedoms, perpetrating it for principles..

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

If I could prove that nothing truly exists with a philosophical argument , will I still get paid?

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   
It is a old conspiracy that the city "Bielefeld" does not exist... that is where it all started.

join