It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are some dreams so vivid?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Last night I had this dream where I was walking through this nice neighborhood then suddenly I saw the bald bearded guy from Stranger Things sitting on a bench. I then ran over to him and we had a fun chat then suddenly a bus with a sign saying Stranger Things stops right in front of us. A second later the dream took me to what appeared to be a Walmart late in the night. Lots of people were coming out to go home but I walked toward the store. There were lots of police arriving on the scene. I remember seeing a policeman sitting in a police car who smiled at me. It turned out to be a person I knew from high school. I entered but what I saw was not a Walmart but a cafeteria and then a hallway with classrooms. I came in with two people. One person was a childhood friend and the other was random. As I walked deeper into the hallway I then suddenly turn to see two random girls sitting down on the floor crying in front of a classroom door. I wanted to help but I couldn’t do anything then suddenly the dream changes to a series of photos in a fast slideshow with what appeared to be Fire Emblem Three Houses Characters having fun in a treehouse. The dream ends right after the last picture and I wake up.

Why do dreams change so much? Why are they so weird?

Unlike any other dream I remember this one in vivid detail and felt a feeling of excitement and pleasure throughout the dream. I felt a feeling of lament in the hallway scene. I usually forget my dreams. I never wanted this dream to end.

What did this dream meant? I love Stranger Things, Fire Emblem Three Houses, and I feel guilty about not being able to stop mass shootings?

Do what we eat have affect our dreams? I had Chinese take out and ice cream during that day.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 03:39 AM
link   
How much emotion we invest in the idea, lingers into the waking state. I don't think it's any more vivid, it just stays longer in your thoughts, so you can remember more.

I will always remember being chased in a forest by a ute in the early morning twilight, and the dogs charging towards me from the in front of the ute, who had been sniffing my track, but without snouts.. their gaping throats trying to chomp down on my hands, with only mucous and slipper, throbbing muscle gnarling at my digits. That intent...

:/

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Dreams are very odd. The vivid ones can leave you feeling weird the next day for sure.

I actually had an ex text me the other day because they dreamt about me. I guess that's how vivid they can be!... Awkward.

Maybe they mean something... but maybe our minds are just weird little keep safes. It remembers everything, even if we forget.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrConspiracy
Dreams are very odd. The vivid ones can leave you feeling weird the next day for sure.

I actually had an ex text me the other day because they dreamt about me. I guess that's how vivid they can be!... Awkward.

Maybe they mean something... but maybe our minds are just weird little keep safes. It remembers everything, even if we forget.

They say that when someone dreams about you, that they are in your thoughts...

What ON EARTH were you thinking!!!

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I have reoccuring dreams of another life I live in a modern/futuristic city that seems only 50 years ahead of where we are in the timeline. Its so realistic I wake up looking for people or things from the dream in the waking state. Sometimes I think I`d rather just stay there then come back to this world.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

originally posted by: MrConspiracy

They say that when someone dreams about you, that they are in your thoughts...

What ON EARTH were you thinking!!!

Only positive thoughts! So nothing involving them!

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Cool dream!

I remember reading that dreaming is the brain's way of cleaning house. Like a computer, we cache so much information (mostly crap) during our daily grind that our thoughts and memories need to be sorted, archived and cleaned out periodically.

My most vivid/lucid dreams are usually after eating cheese and/or peanut butter. I'm sure other foods can influence the type of dreams we experience, from vivid to abstract to nightmares.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: CmdrShep2154

two important things that Dreams do:

Dreams are associated with Your ability to recognize 'Life Lessons' so you constantly Adapt & Adjust your interactions with other people, events/circumstances

Dreams are a person's subconscious linkage or communication to your different biological systems...lungs/hearts/brains/blood/organs/muscles/skin and the psychological realm also

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Some dreams do seem like meaningless amalgamations. However, I believe that most dreams hold something in them for us to learn from.

Dreams aren’t just a “byproduct” of daily life. They are essential, for whatever reason. So essential that when a person is deprived of the dream state long enough the mind will take over and force it into that state- awake or asleep. That’s kind of terrifying, the thought of being in a walking, awake dream state. What’s even more terrifying is that I recently witnessed this happen and it was scary. One of the worst nights of my life.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Psychic reception of another person's consciousness?
Eating too much pepperoni pizza with ice cream before bedtime?
Black Triangles using people's dreams to help them navigate through trans-space?

The mind remains a mystery.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
That’s kind of terrifying, the thought of being in a walking, awake dream state. What’s even more terrifying is that I recently witnessed this happen and it was scary. One of the worst nights of my life.

Eh, lucid dreaming can be unnerving or it can be fun. Dreaming you're awake can be pretty annoying.

But many evenings I have sat letting my mind wander from vision to vision as if in a dream, and once you get used to it, it can be very enlightening.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think it’s the same thing. Lucid dreaming is something that one can practice at, not something one induces through sleep deprivation.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: StratosFear
I have reoccuring dreams of another life I live in a modern/futuristic city that seems only 50 years ahead of where we are in the timeline. Its so realistic I wake up looking for people or things from the dream in the waking state. Sometimes I think I`d rather just stay there then come back to this world.

I don't think you were dreaming; more having an OOBE (whylst asleep) visiting a prior lifetime that took place in the future.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I had a dream 35 years ago, only one time, that I remember as vividly today as the night I had it.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
a reply to: Blue Shift

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think it’s the same thing. Lucid dreaming is something that one can practice at, not something one induces through sleep deprivation.

It can be spontaneous and happen with or without training. I've personally been able to recognize it happening, but my control over it is frustratingly minimal. Hasn't happened lately, though.

top topics

join