It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gravity Industries Demoes Flight Suit for Royal Navy on Ship to Ship tests

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity

originally posted by: anzha
a reply to: Zaphod58

Not disagreeing.

While I get his placement and choices for the engines, I'd be wildly worried about redundancy.

People traverse large bodies of water every day strapped inside small single engine aircraft, I'd hazard a guess at it being safe enough.

I'd have a go anyway, that thing is sick 🤙🏻

I think this is a very good point! 👍
Obviously it's not made for all weather situations but I'm sure there are a multitude of uses that will be found for it.
Imo it's only handicapped by the limitations of current energy storage technology.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

What they need is a giant personnel recovery net like the one that the Iowa's used to recover the pioneer drones in the 80s.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   

The US Navy hasn't done a line transfer between ships since the incident that you mentioned. They use boats or more often a helicopter. I've been crew for transfers hundreds of times. I've also been in the North Atlantic. There depending on the weather fifteen foot swells can make even a helicopter transfer interesting.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Ah , but how does it Work in High Winds ? I could see some Serious Accidents in that Scenario .

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I’ve done loads of transfers from supply vessels to oil rigs in the past via a billy Pugh...not to bad in a calm sea but when there’s a swell or sea state going on it certainly focuses your attention...!!! 😳a reply to: JIMC5499

top topics

<< 1   >>

join