It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grant Thompson - King of Random - Passed away.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I've been watching this guy for a long time, more so a lot recently having given up most social media, and so this is a bit of a shock really.. I always thought he (and others like him) would have had a mishap during one of their crazy experiments, but it appears that Grant died on Monday while paragliding.

A YouTube star who rose to fame for his videos about life hacks and experiments has tragically died aged 38.
Grant Thompson, who starred in The King of Random YouTube videos, did not return home on Monday night (local time) after a paragliding accident.
Local news station KUTV reports his body was recovered near Sand Hollow State Park in the US state of Utah.
β€œWe are currently reviewing the video to determine factors which led to the aircraft crash,” police told KUTV.
A tribute was posted to The King of Random official Facebook page after Thompson’s body was identified.

au.news.yahoo.com...

Seemed like a decent guy, even when the law was arresting him for 'explosives'...

What a way to wake up for the day... :/

edit on 30-7-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
That is really odd... paragliding is very safe. Must have run into something?

I will certainly miss some of the content he created, I hope his kids don't suffer to much

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Of course his family would prefer to have him around, at least they have YouTube money to make things a little easier.
A death can really put a family in the sh1#er with debt and all that.

Too bad. He seemed like a good guy.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Reminiscent of the Youtube trio who perished in BC last year in a fall
They went out doing what they loved, so to say
Why can't it be one of those pranksters or Paul brothers, someone more deserving

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: dubiousatworst
That is really odd... paragliding is very safe. Must have run into something?

I will certainly miss some of the content he created, I hope his kids don't suffer to much

Time will tell, but I doubt the family will go into details. I was really enjoying his videos too, had a mythbuster feel to them, and seeing him interact with people commenting just the other night, makes this feel more surreal.

I mean, I expect someone like styropyro to go up in a poof of laser beams and ionised particles, that guy is a true freak of nature, and the way Grant would dally with things was always a gripping event.. but paragliding?

Can only assume he did run into something.. by the sounds of it, no one was with him. But the police say they are reviewing footage, so he must have been doing some recording.

How easily we can slip off this mortal coil.. one moment basking in applause, the next, the cause of reminiscent melancholy...

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: MahatmaGanja
Why can't it be one of those pranksters or Paul brothers, someone more deserving

We all have that one tock, for every tick we live..

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. (James 4:14)

Seek the Lord while able.

Love you all.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: dubiousatworst

apart from when its not - like any activity - it has levels of risk -

ps - look up " intermediate syndrome "

this post makes no claims or inferences as to how // why mr thompson had a fatal landing

but " paragliding = safe " is fook aburd

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Paragliding is relatively safe...safer than riding a bicycle, actually. But that applies only when operating a paraglider in a safe manner.

Some flyers take risks (corkscrew turns, flips, etc.), and this is when things can go bad very quickly. This is compounded by sometimes strong and unpredictable winds in the vicinity of mountains.

Knowing Thompson was a bit of an adrenaline junkie, it would not surprise me if he was hotdogging and perhaps got a twist in the canopy at an altitude too low for even a safety chute to save him.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Love that channel!!!
Condolences to the family.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MahatmaGanja
Why can't it be one of those pranksters or PAULbrothers, someone more deserving

Focus: PAULS

ThisπŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡

DAMNIT !!
I can only give one star!! Keeps hitting the Star icon...

I did follow him. Condolences πŸ˜”
edit on 31-7-2019 by Bigburgh because: Never try to make money off a suicide...😠 Paul you pos!

Edit 2: knowing his style, he likely had a 'GoPro' running at the time.... πŸ˜”
edit on 31-7-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Found the camera..
www.complex.com...

Per the linked...

When his body was found, paragliding equipment was found at the crash site. A camera was also discovered, and authorities are reviewing any possible footage to determine what caused the accident.Β 

edit on 31-7-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

top topics

join