It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

66 face child sex ring trial (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   
What is believed to be the biggest pedophilia case in French history, 66 men and women are in trial today over the abuse of many children, some sold for cigarettes as well as abused. The case centers on the alleged rape and other abuse of 45 children in a low-income neighborhood in Angers from 1999-2000, with 3 of them facing life in jail if found guilty of raping minors.

www.cnn.com
Three people face life imprisonment if convicted of raping minors under age 15 and of active participation in the prostitution ring, AP said.

Another 36 people face up to 20 years imprisonment for similar charges. Nineteen face a maximum of either seven years or ten years in prison for sexual abuse and corrupting minors.

The last eight defendants risk three years imprisonment for allegedly failing to report the crimes, according to AP. Thirty of the accused are parents of victims, journalist Juliet Bremner told CNN from Angers.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I just can't even begin to understand the mentality of these people, especially those that were doing this and selling their own children.

How could such a large group of people be in this ring and not one of them feel in even the slightest remorse, especially the parents? To be fair I'm not sure who I'm more disgusted with, the abusers or the people who knew about it and failed to report for years.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   
This is what happens when God is made an obscenity and morals are considered to be subjective. When there are no absolutes, no good or evil beyond what we as humans say there is, when we reject the notion that somethngs aren't evil because we say so but because they simply are, this is what happens. This is the logical result of moral relativism, if all morals are relative and nothng is evil, then its OK to do anything you want as long as you dont see anything wrong with it.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Already covered here,

www.atsnn.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Oh please, I don't need God to know the difference between right and wrong and neither do most people, even if they think they do.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Amen, mwm1331. (For those who do not know what amen means, I'm basically telling him to say it again becuase it's worth hearing.)

The part that worries me is the kids having to recount what happened to them. Many of them have major psychological damage, at this point.

Also something else that is important is that many perpetrators may still be at large, as they were never truely identified. If so, another child sex ring WILL start up in about a year, in some other part of france.

Before this trial started:

"some of those who were abused were babies incapable of walking -- still less of making the slightest complaint."

The testimony -- which will be followed by a verdict in June -- will be closely followed by a horrified nation, but doubts have already been raised over whether in so monumental a mass trial justice can really be done to each individual.

Comparisons have also been drawn to one of the most notorious judicial fiascos of recent times -- the so-called Outreau pedophile trial in northern France last year in which 13 people were implicated by the evidence of a woman who later admitted in court that she was lying.
This sex ring was caught by the French actually keeping tabs on Eric Joubert, a former convicted sex offender. Otherwise this would still be going on. At least 50 children raped...too much.

For many in France the other shocking element is the number of women involved. Of the 39 accused who are behind bars, 13 are female. "It is ridiculous to suppose that women cannot be pedophiles," said Monika Pasquini, another lawyer.

"But are the French ready to accept this transformation of their image of the soft maternal woman into a harpy capable of raping and selling children -- even her own? That's another question," she said.

And if they were selling the sex to clients, then there's no way in the world they have caught all the people who actually did the raping.Taipei Times

This is some information on the Outreau case: Mom admits raping her own kids
About 5 down, the one about the french pedophile ring

top topics

join