It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Page Broken

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I tried to find a topic in regard to this, I am slightly inebriated, so I apologize if I missed it.

For me, the live page has been non functional for days.
It perpetually says the latest post was "Silent rotor technology" made 52 minutes ago.

This may be a problem, specific to me or a bad cache/cookie. It may also be a global or sitewide issue.
Is this the case for others?

Will this be fixed, if so?

I use the live Page, as my daily newspaper, seriously, the dispersion of information via ATS is one of the fastest media sites I visit. Earthquakes are usually posted about, within 10 minutes, tsunamis, etc... I find the ATS live Page to be a great tool for this type of information. Active shooter posts go up within 15-30 minutes of live events.

I am beyond willing, to donate monetary resources to repairing the live Page, should that be necessary.

ATS has never let me down for these types of updates, and I would find it a worthy investment, more so than a newspaper subscription.
edit on 8-7-2019 by Archivalist because: Inebriation spelling errors

edit on 8-7-2019 by Archivalist because: More inebriation edits

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

Pics or it didn't happen.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 12:08 AM
link   
This page is temporarily disabled for db maintenance. Should be back up soon.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Great to hear its coming back!

I had postulated that Live page had been stopped to help overall website speed. I'm really hoping that isn't the case here. JohnnyAnon seemed unaware it was a planned stoppage, as he said that was above his pay grade.

There's a fair bit of speculation on the topic in the Server Maintenance thread, could you perhaps pop in and fill them in on whats happening with Live if you find time? There's a good chunk of us for whom Live is like a default google page and we feel uneasy with it being down
Thanks again.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
It’s a conspiracy! I guess that silent rotor thing wasn’t supposed to get out?

I use live just as the op stated, and it’s an ass whip with it being down and not giving any notice, reason, or updates.
I seriously was about to give up and find a new site but stumbled upon this. I thought they were shutting ATS down.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

If I was more casual and had the Live page as my home page, the conclusion could very easily be made that ATS has completely died. Sometimes people might visit a website they love and see no changes over a week and thats it. They don't come back. So hopefully it will be back to normal soon.

But yeah, a notice would have been nice to have. Or one last thread before the closure that people could see explaining the page is down for maintenance. But I guess very often these things can spring up at last minute, and with the quakes it's no wonder we've been left in the dark until now. Tough gig running a website this big, so easy for us plebs to complain I guess

new topics

top topics

join