It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soros funded campaigns seek to ruin cities - Houston latest victim with 17 new Dem judges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   
For those who don't know, there has been a PAC created and funded by Soros to try to re-create the US justice system starting with the most economical, getting the most "bang for the buck", by focusing on local elections - primarily judges. No where can the result of this effort be seen more clearly than the outcome of the 2018 election in Houston - a city of 2.3 million & metro area of ~7 million.

Houston has a demographic breakdown, as of 2010, of 44% Latino/Hispanic, 26% While and 26% black & 6% Asian. In 2016 Trump received 41.6% of votes with Clinton getting 53.9% but there are areas of the county (Harris) that are largely conservative but they are outnumbered by the higher density areas of democrats. TBH the ~42% is a respectable turnout for Trump considering the more liberal city of Dallas which had a 34.6%:60.8% Trump:Clinton breakdown.

But the real story is the election of 17 female democrat judges, all of which are black. Now that is key to the restructuring of the criminal justice system in the city and possibly eventually the state/nation. These candidates had a large advantage in the election because of the support of Soros's PAC. It seems highly unlikely that there wasn't one Latino/Hispanic judge in that class, and that is probably because they are more likely to be conservative - which creates a split vote between whites b/c whites might also put up their own candidate in the election, so the black minority can wield the vote of sympathetic whites & Latino's (liberals) who would like to see softer sentencing for crimes.

IDK if this topic and this specific issue has been discussed already, I was aware of it the week of the election but there was a lot of other topics to cover. But now with the upcoming election cycle, we need to be aware of what this PAC is planning and doing throughout the country. IDK if it is required to report the spending by PAC's, but it would be VERY interesting to track the spending of this PAC and see where they are spending their money. If it isn't a legal requirement, that is criminal and we need to change that NOW (for Dem & Rep!). We need to see who the PAC is currently supporting and see how much is being spent in each district and for what positions.

I would have to say that this IS a political conspiracy as clear as day. The PAC is actively trying to re-create the judicial system in the image they want - and the PAC is not a citizen and it's run by a billionaire psychopath.

Election of 17 judges in Houston - next 2 links

www.cnn.com...

www.chron.com...

Soros's plan to change US justice system through PAC - all following links all related to topic

www.politico.com...

www.latimes.com...

www.politifact.com...

www.mysanantonio.com...

www.houstonchronicle.com...

www.dailysignal.com...

There wasn't a lot of coverage about the 2018 election I'm thinking b/c it was covered so thoroughly in 2016 - as far as the links to Soros goes, but I did read articles at the time (Nov 2018) that a lot of money was spent by the PAC in Harris county in 2018..
edit on 7 1 2019 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

edit on 7 1 2019 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Progressives often use the judicial branch of our government to make laws that they can't pass in the legislative branch because there is not the political will (votes) to do so.

Woodrow Wilson wrote extensively about it.. how to use the judicial branch to forward the Progressive cause.

FDR expanded on it, went a little too far and was spanked for it politically.

Johnson attempted the same, Obama also.

It's just the best way for them to collapse the USA and fundamentally transform it.

Too bad more people don't realize that.

Excellent OP and I hope it has some good discussion back and forth.

S&F!

edit on 1-7-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I reside in Houston. Yes, less conservative viewpoints are encroaching but, Beto loss by almost 250K votes.

That is A LOT of people. The percentage was close but not close when dealing with an enormous number of people. Despite all his media blitz, funds coming in from all over the country, he still got his ass kicked. Not even close. Where is he going to get 200K plus votes. Not going to happen. Letting illegal aliens vote would solve that but not for now.

The state will likely turn blue but what is blue? Is it the nonsense now. If it is, that is NEVER going to happen in TX. Just not going to happen. Trump will win TX again.

As for the judges, nobody cares. These liberal judges are in morally bankrupt counties. Just the worst of the worst. Drugs, broken families, illegal alien crimes....just garbage. We know about these judges and areas.

With that being said I ASSURE YOU the liberal mayor of Houston is going to lose next election. He has screwed up so many things....he is DONE. Said he would fix the state pension system. NO, HE NEVER DID. Massive dispute with firefighters over pay. That alone, he already LOST.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Progressives often use the judicial branch of our government to make laws that they can't pass in the legislative branch because there is not the political will (votes) to do so.

Woodrow Wilson wrote extensively about it.. how to use the judicial branch to forward the Progressive cause.

FDR expanded on it, went a little too far and was spanked for it politically.

Johnson attempted the same, Obama also.

It's just the best way for them to collapse the USA and fundamentally transform it.

Too bad more people don't realize that.

Excellent OP and I hope it has some good discussion back and forth.

S&F!

Thanks for the background. I wasn't aware that it had been used before, but I guess that is just being naieve/ignorant - there's too much history (esp political) for the average non-involved citizen to learn/know - I think TPTB depend on this to keep control and this is an issue in and of itself worth discussing.

I would guess that the left isn't alone in doing this though, I know the Koch brothers get flak about the stuff they support and I wouldn't put it past them to use similar tactics but it seems that Soros's are more overt as to the plan.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Soros is just getting behind a trend that America has had a problem with for awhile now.

The first Progressive President in the USA was Wilson... he won because all the major media at the time pushed for it because oddly enough all the media owners at the time were billionaires who really wanted to pass the Federal Reserve Act so that they could rule the US.

When they got him elected, he signed the Federal Reserve Act into law in return for the Presidency.

Afterwards he regretted it....

"I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world — no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men."

Woodrow Wilson

This battle has been happening for a long time.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Funny, it seems more like a Republican problem than a progressive one:

Rise of the Corporate Court: How the Supreme Court is Putting Businesses First

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Funny, it seems more like a Republican problem than a progressive one:

Rise of the Corporate Court: How the Supreme Court is Putting Businesses First

We were talking about the rise of Progressivism in America.

You as a solid Marxist should know the history.. that's what you are rooting for, after all.

Or are you assuming that Republicans can not be Progessives because they have an "R" after their name?

McCain was. Both Bush's were. McConnel is.. Ryan was.

Just to go through recent history.

Keep up.

/facepalm

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Solid post

A lot to look into here. Thanks for the field guide of links. Very helpful.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   

You expect research?

I bet he didn't know the Progressive movement that gave birth to the Progressive Era was started by a Republican.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   
What really strikes me as strange is the idea of elected judges. We don't do that around here. At least I've never seen one on a ballot, or a yard sign, "Vote Hugh Johnson for Domestic Court Judge."

Who thought it was a good idea to elect judges? Especially judges who will owe their jobs to a political party? A judge should be loyal to the Constitution and the law, not campaign contributions.

My condolences to the people of Houston. Sucks to be you guys.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Solid post

A lot to look into here. Thanks for the field guide of links. Very helpful.

Sorry about the previous reply in the other thread. It was like the 4-5th straight post/reply where someone was complaining. I don't mind siting sources but I just don't do them 100% of the time if it is easily found. Only so many hours/day.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

You expect research?

I bet he didn't know the Progressive movement that gave birth to the Progressive Era was started by a Republican.

You do know you just got him started on his next theory...

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   

lol like the Media being secretly owned by Republicans?

lol. Yeah... That one's great.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
I reside in Houston. Yes, less conservative viewpoints are encroaching but, Beto loss by almost 250K votes.

That is A LOT of people. The percentage was close but not close when dealing with an enormous number of people. Despite all his media blitz, funds coming in from all over the country, he still got his ass kicked. Not even close. Where is he going to get 200K plus votes. Not going to happen. Letting illegal aliens vote would solve that but not for now.

The state will likely turn blue but what is blue? Is it the nonsense now. If it is, that is NEVER going to happen in TX. Just not going to happen. Trump will win TX again.

As for the judges, nobody cares. These liberal judges are in morally bankrupt counties. Just the worst of the worst. Drugs, broken families, illegal alien crimes....just garbage. We know about these judges and areas.

With that being said I ASSURE YOU the liberal mayor of Houston is going to lose next election. He has screwed up so many things....he is DONE. Said he would fix the state pension system. NO, HE NEVER DID. Massive dispute with firefighters over pay. That alone, he already LOST.

I think you need to look closer at the judge issue and how much power they wield when it comes to sentencing and basically re-structuring the crime justice system. We've seen this in Philly where a murderer, armed robbery of a convenience store, was pushing for a 4yr sentence for a guy who had 2 previous felonies. Somehow they dropped it from 1st degree to some kind of homicide but luckily a US special attorney (or something ) is challenging the judge and prosecutor. You are going to see the same type of rulings and sentences from these judges b/c the want to set precedent of low sentences for heinous & violent crimes. Once it has been done, it's all set to become the norm, so in this case, it is a very slippery slope (even though that trope is way over-used).

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

lol like the Media being secretly owned by Republicans?

lol. Yeah... That one's great.

If you feed him a little more info then he is going to come to the rational conclusion that the Democratic party is secretly run by Republicans.

I'm so waiting for that post!

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   
To me this is the election interference that we should be focused on not the Russians or Chinese.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Or maybe... Just maybe...

The citizens of Texas are beginning to see the light

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

The light?

Is that what people are supposed to see when an antifa thug bike locks someone over the head?

That's how leftists get their ideas across these days, so that has to be what you mean.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Why is this even an issue? Billionaires pay lobbyists to control government all the time. What difference does it make who does it. Let the marketplace decide who government should represent.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Let the marketplace decide who government should represent.

I'd rather voters get to do that.

top topics

join