It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Art of Handshake

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I'm sure Trump has insecurities just like the rest of us, but this notion that he's just this soft and insecure loser is pretty dumb.

You don't make it to where he has -- especially in the extremely cutthroat world that is NYC real estate, and now politics -- without a lot of guts and being incredibly tough. And not to mention, you gotta be pretty smart as well.

I know this is hard for a lot of you to accept, but it's the truth.

edit on 28-6-2019 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

I'm sure Trump has insecurities just like the rest of us, but this notion that he's just this soft and insecure loser is pretty dumb.

You don't make it to where he has -- especially in the extremely cutthroat world that is NYC real estate, and now politics -- without a lot of guts and being incredibly tough. And not to mention, you gotta be pretty smart as well.

I know this is hard for a lot of you to accept, but it's the truth.

I'll accept it when his supporters accept that trump is a draft dodging coward, also the truth!

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

He didn't fight in Vietnam... why is this still an issue years after it has been proven that it was an idiotic war that in no way whatsoever served US defense?

Same goes for Mitt Romney, Bill Clinton, Rudy Giuliani, Joe Biden, Mohammed Ali, Ted Nugent, Dick Cheney, Bernie Sanders, et al.

That said, you claim to be citing a "fact" that Trump was a "draft dodger" when, in fact, you are not citing any facts.
www.politifact.com...

To the best of our knowledge, no one has charged Trump with violating the Selective Service law. His student deferments were routine. And unless someone has new information, there is no legal issue with his medical deferment.

Ironically, had he actually dodged the draft and fled to Canada, Jimmy Carter would have decriminalized his record with his blanket pardon in the late 70s and this conversation would be even more mundane. Trump, hpwever, did not flee, he simply had a medical condition that qualified him for a deferment. (Identical to Joe Biden's asthma which amazingly manifested itself in the accomplished football and baseball athlete's lungs while he got his military physical.)
edit on 28-6-2019 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   
"If they break eye contact you’ve won. "

Not if they know how to play the game.

Assuming you've won--strictly via interpretation of another's body language--leaves you wide open for a psychological ambush.

At this level of influence (big company CEO, political heavy hitter, etc.), the players are well aware of all the ins and outs of presentation and perception management. Luck gets a person only so far in the game.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I think the position of his hand is determined by whether he is sitting or standing and from which side he sits on.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: IAMTAT

Not always lots of trades people have naturally strong grip.

I was talking about that unnessesary squeeze at the end...a sure sign the person is trying to convince YOU they are self-confident and not intimidated.

You know the one.

I'm with you on your first comment about the hand crushers. They seem like they're trying to overcompensate. With or without the little squeeze at the end.

As to people in some trades having naturally strong grips or whatever...so they can't control their hands? They don't know how to hold something without crushing it? Silly.
edit on 28-6-2019 by KansasGirl because: auto correct correct

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

Always make eye contact it can go further to exhibiting dominance than a handshake.

If they break eye contact you’ve won.

No, but it tells them that you're a freakish psycho with zero relational awareness.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I'm sure Trump is or has been a scumbag, there's no debating that, but he's far from timid or afraid. This much I know for sure.

I think trump is just overcompensating for his insecurities. That's why he feels the need to constantly brag and protect his fragile ego.

www.psychologytoday.com...

And even a halfassed poker player can read trump like a book.

www.pokerjunkie.com...

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.”
“There is no greater danger than underestimating your opponent.”

Sun Tzu - The Art of War.

Some should take those to heart...

edit on 6/28/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

What would you suggest I do buy them a puppy ?

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTruthRocks

Then they would be playing dumb and I covered that .

That’s why you need to read them through eye contact .

If you’ve ever dealt with a cop in an unfriendly situation they’ve done it to you .

I forget who said it but .....

“ never let words come out of your mouth when your eyes are looking down “

Luck gets a person only so far in the game.

Who said anything about luck?

I’m just giving you advice that I used successfully in negotiations .

Just wondering, what would you do if you sat down at the table with the group who’s purpose is to chisel down to their number ?

I discussed this many times on forums.

And somebody always comes back with “I would negotiate a fair price”. ( sounds like Obama and Iran )

I’ve got news for you they won’t.

Most will leave some meat on the bone a good negotiator always does especially if they want to use you again .

But their goal is to get you down to their price which usually isn’t your price .

Feelings have no place in negotiation .

And it has absolutely nothing to do with what kind of person you are. You’re negotiating deals for your family your employees and your investors . ( in trumps case the safety and prosperity of 330 million people )

The deal you make puts food in their mouth’s and a roof over their head .

For that reason I’ll use every tactic I know to my advantage .

It’s not a game .

Which reminds me of another quote if you emerge victorious .

“ It’s just biz”

Trump’s got it easy now.

Politics are dirty but big businesse is cutthroat and nice guys finish last .

edit on 28-6-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-6-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheTruthRocks
"If they break eye contact you’ve won. "

Assuming you've won--strictly via interpretation of another's body language--leaves you wide open for a psychological ambush.

At this level of influence (big company CEO, political heavy hitter, etc.), the players are well aware of all the ins and outs of presentation and perception management. Luck gets a person only so far in the game.

Exactly, he adjusts the handshake according to his excellent judge of mannerisms, you see most opponents initially need to feel a sense of dominance in order to present their true colors, trump is simply playing the show me what your made of card.
This man trump fears very little whatsover - he has nothing to prove for the most part but took a no salary deal to for one of a very few times prove he's in it for the right reasons.

This man trump is not perfect no one is but he is a master of psychology and dangles a carrot before showing his true strengths if needed.

He's a winner he always will be and the pea brainers who can't stand to see a winner constantly win will always try to cut that tall poppy down by any manipulative measures they can conjure up.

As for eye contact most alpha personalities with their moral compass functioning correctly will break the gaze as an attempt to not exhert their dominance to heavily giving all a fair crack of the whip. But look out if the other personality plays that as a sign of weakness and presses the gas pedal - which most pea brains usually do.

A handshake is about as accurate a judge of character as most trump haters.

Ive known some very weak soft handshakers who you really wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley when they've finially given up hope on getting through to someone.

Rough plastic tough" texan "type handshakes are for p#$$¥$ - or individuals who couldn't stand their ground without multiple backup clowns to make or rather try to make their way enforced.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

Triggered much?

I bet you fold like a chair.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Triggered much?

I bet you fold like a chair.

I'll let that slide or your mod pal will be along to show their support for you . "I bet".

Nice to see you got the message though. Lol.

Better now u2u your usuals to star you up.
edit on 29-6-2019 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Heh seems like something a cake would say.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Heh seems like something a cake would say.

Are you done now?? we could shake hands and make up but i don't know any LGBT handshakes - thankfully,
but if faced with having to i would still give a submissive handshake out of sympathy for their troubled existance and let them feel that dominance they so deeply intensely crave but will never achieve.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Done?

I found a new lol cow to milk.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Speaking from a much "lower" experience in society, I must say the handshake between men has made quite a come-back.

Maybe it's a local thing, and I'm speaking dudes from their twenties, to way beyond 45.

Almost every bro you don't see every day (but maybe three times a week) wants to shake.
The dudes you know in gym, the barmen at the pub, even some waiters (well some of them also gym with me so it is like a "brotherhood").
Women only tend to shake in formal or official settings, and I don't approach them that way.
Informally they rather do that French air-kiss thing over the shoulders, or we just say hi.

But I dig it, because there's something political brewing behind it, I often feel.

There's a creeping male solidarity going on, and when a buddy I've known for over two decades makes a point of clasping hands in a shake (we never behaved like that in the 1990's, for example), I think it's more than a handshake.
There's an underlying salute going on.

edit on 29-6-2019 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Ha!

Spiraling out now, keep going, we'll leave you alone.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Lysergic

Ha!

Spiraling out now, keep going, we'll leave you alone.

2 out of 10

Lemme know when you get some wit

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Sometimes when married men clasp my hand (flip still see an old friend occasionally - otherwise you're not allowed to).

It's like - save me brother.

I cannot.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join