It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump delays ICE raids two weeks to see if Congress can 'work out a solution'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
All this will do is give the public the opportunity(again) to watch the Democrats screw them over. Sadly your average American is about is dumb as a bag of rocks and still thinks the government shutdown was Trump. Not a bunch of filibustering Democrats.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

More like trump knows he can't really deport millions of people and is using this as a spotlight for his 2020 run.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Why did Nancy fear these raids so much?

ICE has been raiding and deporting illegal aliens for over 2 years.

The California mayor even tipped-off her community that a raid was coming.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: r0xor

SUUUURE....

Trump is delaying the raids, so it's okay for all you guys hiding to come out now!

Or, ICE knows that given this delay, those that would be targets will be moving around to different locations in the hopes that they won't be discovered where they were before the delay. But, imagine if you will that they are now under surveillance to watch them make their moves. Like smoking out a groundhog before you trap him.

BINGO!

What this "unplanned" delay accomplished: twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
To me the big story is the following

This week's big leak about a major Immigration and Customs Enforcement operation was orchestrated by acting Homeland Security Secretary Kevin McAleenan in an effort to sabotage the raids before they were scheduled to take place, according to three current and two former senior administration officials.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

More unelected officials sabotaging trump

Imagine police about to raid criminals, and some higher up in the police department wants to virtue signal to the left and so he leaks to the criminals they are about to be raided

Think of how that will not only diminish the success of the raid, but also put those officers involved in the raid in danger

That’s exactly what happened

Trump had no choice but to delay this because thanks to the dhs secretary working with the Washington Post the raid was made public

If unelected officials in Obama’s admin sabotaged his policies it would have been on every news outlet and people would be outraged

But it’s trump, so many are ok with this

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

More like trump knows he can't really deport millions of people and is using this as a spotlight for his 2020 run.

Well it seems that Pelosi called him and said she is ready to make a deal if he didn't do this, so once again Trump did what he has always done. Create an undesirable situation to bring people or countries to the table.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Yeah. I don't think deporting large numbers of people who are already here is all that good of an idea. I mean if someone is caught and they're obviously an illegal immigrant, yes. Deport them. Rounding large numbers of people up seems like a really bad idea.

I think the answer to the immigration thing is still what it has been all along. Don't let them in in the first place and then you don't have this situation.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
Yeah. I don't think deporting large numbers of people who are already here is all that good of an idea. I mean if someone is caught and they're obviously an illegal immigrant, yes. Deport them. Rounding large numbers of people up seems like a really bad idea.

I think the answer to the immigration thing is still what it has been all along. Don't let them in in the first place and then you don't have this situation.

What about if those people have already been through the legal system, their claims rejected, and deportation orders were issued in their names. Then, is it OK to find them and deport them?

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

What about if those people have already been through the legal system, their claims rejected, and deportation orders were issued in their names. Then, is it OK to find them and deport them?

I just think it's gonna be a mess if they try it.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Congressman Devin Nunes correctly states that Democrats and the liberal media are "possessed" by evil.

www.thegatewaypundit.com... h-russia-hoax/

We'll see if Congressional Democrats can put their evil side under wraps these next two weeks, and hammer out immigration fixes with Republicans.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Congressman Devin Nunes correctly states that Democrats and the liberal media are "possessed" by evil.

Unfortunately, he is wrong because there's no such thing as evil. Or (I guess) more accurately, there's no such thing as being possessed in the way that the word is used. This kind of thing seems to divorce people from responsibility for their own actions and needs to be addressed for being the BS that it is. It also tends to hold the person blameless and just throws it's hand up in despair at the trying to understand what went wrong with this person. What went wrong with them is that they chose to do what they did and they should be personally judged for the consequences of their actions.

All of that is (also) beside the point as to whether or not I think the Democrats and their propaganda is bad. On that, I think it is but OTOH, I don't trust any of the people running the world. Democrat, Republican. Whatever you call them, they all played a part in making this mess.
edit on 24-6-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join