It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defensive gun uses by people legally carrying guns over the past two months

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Article

I feel like these don't get enough attention, so I'm gonna start posting when I see DGUs. I encourage everyone else to do the same. It's time to bust the myth that defensive gun use is just a gun nut's fantasy. These happen every day across the nation. Most of them just don't get much media attention. The debate about guns is incomplete without including the positive impact they have. They save lives. Every day. These most recent examples include:

A man turned the tables on an alleged robber Tuesday night, shooting the man three times after being confronted on a St. Louis street.

Source 1

80-year-old man foiled armed robbery by shooting attacker

Source 2

A pizza shop employee shot an armed robber after he himself was shot by the robber.

Notice none of these are in the home. There are a bunch more in that article. Also note that most DGUs don't even involve shots fired so they don't even make the news.

We need to start drawing more attention to these to balance out the conversation. Every criminal you think you're going to disarm with new restrictions, you will also disarm law-abiding folks who would be left defenseless in situations like this. And the criminals will still get them anyway.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Millions every year. Over 5,000 GDU every day. 10% of whom say they believe their DGU prevented loss of life and that without their gun someone would have died.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Isn't the right to bear arms more of a liberal ideal, due to the fact that any individual has a right to buy one an use for self defense at one's own discretion an liability?

All the while Republician by definition means they should support big government, and it decisions regardless of any individual right, and usually requires huge, long ass meetings?

Thank you Oxford dictionary.
edit on 19-6-2019 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Millions every year. Over 5,000 GDU every day. 10% of whom say they believe their DGU prevented loss of life and that without their gun someone would have died.

Oh I'm well aware, and I know there are members here who are well aware. But there are also members who are oblivious or will straight up pretend these are super rare or don't happen at all. It's time we start bringing them to people's attention. Share them on your social media. send them to your friends.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Where in the OP is any of that brought up?

He references DGU (defensive gun use)--which, last I heard, has little or nothing to do with party affiliation...

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Thank you for the OP!

I completely agree! The liberal media will do anything to sweep these types of events under the carpet so they can keep pounding their anti-gun agenda drum.

I'll tell you the headline I'd really like to see...

"Man uses assault rifle with high capacity magazines to defend family from numerous armed gang members; Five dead"

I'll probably win the PowerBall lottery that day too!

edit on 6/19/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

Huh?

new topics

top topics

join