It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA spots "Star Trek" Starfleet logo on Mars

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

The disclosure could be timed to correspond with something of historical importance?

My first thought was that the original Star Trek logo was a prediction of extra terrestrial sand dune formation.

There are dunes on Venus as well as Mars and Saturn's moon Titan.

The original Star Trek series seemed to have "Martian" type writers.
There may have even been pictures of the Martian dunes taken from Earth orbit Circa 1960, they would have sent their best classified cameras into space.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Repeating old news is an indication that you don't have anything new to say.

It's not old news, the photo from the tweet was published on HiRISE's site on Monday.

Scientific American found Star Trek logos on a NASA photo six years ago, and now NASA is posting that they found a Star Trek logo. It makes you wonder if after spending billions of dollars to get to Mars they actually review the photos the probes send them.

It doesn't make me wonder any thing like that, it only makes me think that they used this opportunity to try to attract more people. Also, it's possible they are not aware of the Scientific American "find", I wasn't (but I don't even know what Scientific American is).

Besides that, I think it's something any fan of Startrek would say, and it's highly likely that someone on that team is also a Startrek fan and thought it was a good idea to post that.

PS: if other people hadn't say what it's supposed to look like I wouldn't have guessed, as I never liked Startrek, so the logo means nothing to me, while I think the consolidated dune us important.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
So, Aliens have been studying us for some time.

I'm betting there is at least one alien astronaut scientist assigned to study the internet on a daily basis. I wonder how many times a week they stop by ATS? Since they would only be on site to probe the civilian outlook on their existence they may only be here for a few minutes to see if anything has changed.

They are probably sampling tic® tacs right now to see what all the fuss is about.

target.scene7.com...
edit on 14-6-2019 by spiritualarchitect because: image

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: ArMaP
a reply to: Blue Shift
I don't understand why you say that.

Repeating old news is an indication that you don't have anything new to say. Scientific American found Star Trek logos on a NASA photo six years ago, and now NASA is posting that they found a Star Trek logo. It makes you wonder if after spending billions of dollars to get to Mars they actually review the photos the probes send them.

It's not old news. It's a new pic in a new area and, except for the all-important shape of the dune, looks much different than the old pics.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
It's Logic Jim.
Depends which Star Trek time line left it.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Can we all just skip WW3 and move on to "United Federation of Planets" that way the people of Mars can't declare independence.
edit on 15-6-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect

originally posted by: Arnie123
So, Aliens have been studying us for some time.

I'm betting there is at least one alien astronaut scientist assigned to study the internet on a daily basis. I wonder how many times a week they stop by ATS? Since they would only be on site to probe the civilian outlook on their existence they may only be here for a few minutes to see if anything has changed.

They are probably sampling tic® tacs right now to see what all the fuss is about.

target.scene7.com...

Wouldn't one advanced enough to be running our entire universe as a computer prohram of Google's of logarithms and possibly processing at one universe's entire lifespan per millisecond, even though the program slows it down for us if we're in dilated universe, or a species that advanced concerned with watching the world work as a giant terrarium of biological entities, or even a planet run as a quarantine or soul prison, which are the prevailing theories I believe, all be using some sprt of AI to scan the internet and inform them of major entries within a second of being posted if not predicting it before the huan eveevn finishes writing? I don't see how you could be so advanced and not doing all the dirty, dangerous, precise, and lengthy work by robot eh?

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: baddmove
Awesome..

Looks pretty cool..

Remind you of anything?

Boomerang UFO's

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Scientific American is, or was, I've no idea since I don't read it anymore, a well regarded journal for the scientific establishment, and those outside who desired a bit more meat on the bone of information.

I used to use it in school all the time as sources for papers.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Why do they even have a temporal prime directive? Everyone just ignores it anyway!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join