It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trip

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 03:58 AM
link   
It speaks to you. The couple having a conversation in front of your window has a message for you. Their last 3 words are "I see you".
All you want is to have a conversation with your love, be it your spouse or your mommy or daddy your love is your compass in times of desperatation.
You write letters full of passion and devotion. A man in the crowd says "that was beautiful". They read your emails. You thought you went underground when you dumped the cell phone, but here they are. Not even trying to hide it. Who would believe you?
You give up on your love, wish them well you are too weird to be that close with someone anyways.
Good luck and safe travels.

You watch tv or play games but something is different. You zoom in and out with an inner monologue mixing with your entertainment. It's still speaking to you.
Go, it says, I want you to live free. Trust me I will provide for your needs.
You don't want to go, but you are intrigued by the adventure it promises. You could try it? What's keeping you? Are you scared?
It's just more comfortable and feels safer.

You have developed a few habits which would be considered extreme by others, mostly you have become very picky with your food. You want to eat it alive not dead.
You smell a little. In your paralised state you're having a hard time getting out of bed at all. What you want more than anything else is to know who you are in contact with. What does it want from you?
Why are they bothering you, you're convinced of your own insignificance?
No special super powers, no unexplainable knowledge, nothing. A nobody like everybody.

You pack your backpack, doing something might feel better than staying locked up. It's a warm sunny day, you go to the train station. A soft breeze is playing with your hair. You feel alive.
Where to go? South, east, north, west? It's all more dangerous than here. You need green, a mountain. There you'll go. You'll sit there in solitude and look up in the sky. Heaven they used to call it.

You can't believe they let you leave, but here you are. In nature. As it starts getting dark you have made yourself a camp with no fire, you don't want to draw attention. You see more stars than ever before. With a peaceful feeling you fall asleep.
After a few days you have enough of the tranquility in the mountains. You want to see people. Something is wrong as you approach the nearest village. No people.
You knock on some doors, most are unlocked. No people.
No people.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

The ending is a bit strange. "No people".

Back in the days of withdrawal and retreat, I found it comforting to discover, on my occasional townward forays, that the town people were getting along fine without me.

So I made a sign:

I Am NOT indispensable

Some people gave me money and shared their food with me.

Note: I just made up the sign part.
edit on 9-6-2019 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

They're all gone, that's spooky. He wants contact but there are no people.

join