It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am In Awe of Myself

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

I'm in awe of shiny, sparkly things.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Hello,

Thanks for replying, I’m glad you took my criticism constructively and even complemented me for it! It is frowned upon at ATS to make hit and run OP’s as it is a forum based around discussion of topics rather than a blog site where comments can be enabled or disabled. I don’t think you are obliged to reply to everyone who comments but it is at least good manners to to follow up your OP to those who engage you about the points you’re making.

I take your points about the god of gaps argument, batting away scientific objections with the esoteric etc... but let’s not throw out the baby with the bath water. There is wisdom and truth in the ancient teachings as much as there is misguided opinion.
When I said you and the other are in fact one and the same, I don’t and didn’t mean literary. I meant on a certain level. Clearly we are all unique, however that which makes us unique isn’t that which we truly are.

What I mean by that is the self, the ego, the individual, is a construct of our and our environments own making. We identify not with pure unfettered consciousness but with a mind part instinctive animalistic in nature and part a reasoning projection of the reality we find ourselves in. Certain personality traits we are born with but by no means do they define who we become. On the one hand we are programs, both at a biological level and on a mental level. On the other hand hand we are programmers and it is our consciousness, our will which allows that.

When our consciousness transcends the limit of ourselves it becomes clear their is no other as there is no self. Just like matter in all it’s varying forms consists of energy ultimately. So it is all mind and all thought and all life that possess such arise from the same unfettered pure consciousness. The I am that I am.

It’s extremely difficult to explain as it is difficult to experience, but it’s the best I can offer. With caveat that it has to be experienced to be truly understood.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   

This habit of speaking of different substances is delusional. Your consciousness isn't so much 'in' your head as constituting that 'tensegrity' - or 'tensional integrity' - between the symmetry dynamics of your physical dissipative system (subject to entropy) and the material objects in the world around you which have left a semiotic trace on your physical-neurological structuring.

That's a cop out and you know it!

If our universe is a brane within a higher dimensional bulk. Matter/Energy just vibrational forces that interact with one another, within that brane. We can then entertain that our limited human sensory receptors have created an illusion of separation that empirical sciences has yet to fathom.

So its understandable why empirical sciences see consciousness as the brain, Whereas people like Lumenari feel consciousness is the brane.

A brane that has no I.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   
NPD (narcissistic personality disorder), according to DSM IV, entails 5 or more of the following:

A grandiose sense of self-importance

A preoccupation with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love

A belief that he or she is special and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people or institutions

A need for excessive admiration

A sense of entitlement

Interpersonally exploitive behavior

A lack of empathy

Envy of others or a belief that others are envious of him or her

A demonstration of arrogant and haughty behaviors or attitudes

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join