It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heres Your Belvoir Reactor Mystery/Conspiacy Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
First Id like to say boy do I really need to learn how to edit my posts. Thanks to Skadi for some insight the likes of which I was not expecting. The Air Force thing is new to me. Very very interesting, hmmm. Ok so where is the coverup and what is the conspiracy. The main thing I think that can be agreed upon is nobody knows what really happened there even when it was running officialy. An Army nuclear reactor training facilty logically would train Army engineers to run Army reactors all across the country and it ran for eighteen years officialy. Thats an awful lot of Army nuclear engineers trained to run Army reactors that the Army says it doesnt have.
[align=center]H
[align=center]TextHello, come on folks. Even from its official purpose you should be asking yourself the same questions. Even if the military branches cross trained there where are all these reactors that thousands of people were trained to run? Sure the Navy has lots of reactors but what about the Army? I will list the following qustions we should be asking ourselves about this and by the way I was nearly shocked out of my shoes when I saw the photo on Belvoirs website. There is my hard credible evidence of it existing. But still running is going to take quite a bit of snooping.
[align=center]
[align=center]Text What happened to the reactor? Where did they store the waste? What happened to the spent fuel? What did it power when it was running officialy? What would they do with such a facility that I believe is still running without public knowledge? Insert your conspiracy theories here. Ive got quite a bit to snoop. Back to Belvoir this weekend. No Im not going all the way back through the swamps and risk getting myself killed. From a somewhat safe distance is where Ill be. The woods surrounding the base are now almost all considered federally protected wetland and the punishment for trespassing is quite severe. Ill go for some base entrance pix. There are several with armed guards at all of them now that its post 9-11. Ill have to be quick and hope they dont have dogs with them. The guards will question you even if your on public land looking in. Taking shots with my digital camera and driving away might piss them off so Ill have to be careful.

Text

Hey Skadi, I dont know when you were there but it sounds like it was pre 9/11. Since 9/12 the base has been locked down like it never has been in its entire 100+ year history. All the public roads that crossed through the base are now completley shut down and gated. Everyone has to go around the base now adding greatly to the allready terrible traffic around there. When were you there? It sounds like you saw alot of the base but not all of it and yes its very upscale. Some of the houses look like mini mansions. Oh well more to come! [/align]

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
SonofSpy...as I type this I am looking on multiple sources to try to find a modern day image of the reactor at this facility. To help me out I want you to look at this picture and tell me which way you came from the day you stumbled upon the reactor, what side of the base its on. Even a general location would be a great help. Please respond ASAP.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Dude I can barely make the photo out at all. I have noticed that there dont seem to be any recent photos whatsoever. The photo posted on the Belvoir home page is the only one Ive been able to find. I can give a general location though. I dont know how detailed the maps youre looking at are but just a recent average map of Northern Virginia will do. OK, looking at a regular map it should be easy to find Ft.Belvoir its just fifteen miles south of DC in nearly a straight line. Find it? Good. Now look for US Rt.1. This is the nations first real highway and goes from Maine to Florida.

Text

Now, Rt.1 passes directly through Ft.Belvoir. If you can find a really detailed map the enlisted mans housing is at the southern end of the base. Now remember that Rt.1 passes almost through the center of the base going north to south. Keep yourself on the west side of Rt.1 at the south end of the base and as close to Rt.1 as possible. This is my starting point.

Text

Keep in mind to stay on the western side of Rt.1 as for during all this I never crossed the highway. Okay I can actually give you pretty specific directions up to the point I got lost. The best way to do this is to get/find a map of Northern Virginia. If you can do this through satellite photos then man, are you good. Now on you map you see Ft.Belvoir right? Now mark it and look for Huntley Meadows State Park. On a recent map it should be all of the wooded area around the base. Huntley Meadows was my exit point. Now try to bear with me.

Text

The back of my house faced the very last stretches of woods that now should be listed as part of Huntley meadows. May not be listed at all cause it was only 30-50 yards through the woods to the military housing. Paths ran all throughout the woods close to any houses and I knew and still know them pretty well. I started all this with just walking into the woods behind my house. Now starting at the closest point to Rt.1 at thesouthern end of the base on the west side of the highway specifically draw a line going west in a straight line for just under a half a mile. At this point most of the paths are gone and you will be coming upon some dirt utility roads. These utility roads which the local pwer companies use to acces their lines which run through the woods going in a north south direction on huge towering metal frame towers are actually old military roads. The dirt road will be horizontal to you. Once you cross this road still going westward in a straightline this is Ft.Belvoir property and there are government property/US Army signs psted on trees. Once youve crossed this dirt road go about an eighth of a mile further westward still in a straight line. Now stop turn north. I believe I travelled in a very wide arc going north. At the apex or center of the arc line is where I believe I saw it. The distance travelled to the center of the arc is 2 to 5 miles. I know thats a good difference but like I said in my post despite my compass I got terribly lost and it was getting dark.

Text

I do know this. I was travelling in a northwest direction slogging through swamps up to my waist at times when I came upon some solid land. I thought this would be my way out but i was quite wrong. This is where I sat and rested looking across this enormous swamp at this thing. I had no idea where I was. I had never seen or even heard about anything like this before but I knew I was still on Ft.Belvoir somewhere. I sat there for at least an hour as the sun set completely and it became pitch dark. Im still not to sure whichside I was looking at. To the left of the smokestack looking forward was a large domed building just like in the photo.

Text

Looking across the swamp which was a westerly direction I could see from one end of the facility to the other of the side I was looking at. The facilty was well lit and I could make out men in camouflage around the outside and some rectangular windows just like in the photo. And this thing was running! There was a tall fence on the other side of the swamp up on dry land. There was that low pulsing hum the whole time that sounded like something was making an incredible amount of electricity. The facility was pretty well lit. Red lights going verticaly up the sides of the smokestack spaced wide and evenly apart. The domed building to the left of the smokestack had fewer lights but they were red and yellow and there were not in any order that I could see like on the smokestack. The ground around the outside of the facility was very well lit with large conventional lamps on the ground.

Text

Thats another thing I thought was odd. There were no lightpoles. All the outside lighting was on the ground pointing up at the builiding. There were about a half a dozen men in camouflage that I could see and they were moving very fast. Like they were in a big hurry. The outside of the building in the photo looks like it had some yellow paint. What I was seeing was flat gray unpainted concrete and lots of it. I got a very good look at this place and remember it pretty well. From there I travelled the last half of the arc going northeast from the apex. Luckily the moon was out and I could see my compass. Other than that it was total darkness and pretty damned frightening. Now I came upon the part of Huntley Meadows closest to Rt.1. There are several entrances but the main entrance where the visitors center is. Im glad no one was there to see me stumble out of the woods looking like I had nearly drowned. Okay so your arc goes northwest to the center and northeast to Huntley meadows. Use Rt.1 as a reference point. I came out in the parking lot of the visitors center. I was very happy to see something familiar again and to know where I was. There were a couple times I didnt think I was going to make it out. And from the parking lot there is a long acces road that winds through the woods from Lockheed Blvd entrance to the parking lot. I walked alongside the road still a bit in the woods just in case one of the park rangers or Fairfax County cops came along. They liked to "hangout" in the parking lot. Its just a couple hundered yards from the park entrance to Rt.1

Text

I was to tired to take the backstreets home. I think it was another four mile walk south down the side of the highway back to my house. Rt.1 is also Richmond Highway if that helps. I was only fourteen but still remains one of my most vivid memories. Hope this helps. If its still there and it probably is Im pretty confident you could follow my directions and get there. Start early in the day, its quite a journey. Dont advise trying it though. Aside from trespassing on federal land youve got more poisonous snakes than youve ever seen in one place your whole life. If I had made it across that giant swamp without drowning or getting bitten by hundreds of snakes the guards would have most definitly shot me and this was well before 9/11. Cant even imagine what its like now.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Wow Terraservers pretty impressive!
I can even make out my house! This is the starting point... -77.12288 long. and 38.73136 lat. This is a perfect photo of my starting point with public housing on one side of the woods and enlisted mans housing on the other side. Im still going through the site photos though i can give you the next three coodinates after the starting point and the coodinates for the Defense Ceeta which has one huge golf ball looking antannae at each end. They will shoot you if your not supposed to be there. Next three coodinates in order #2-77.12287long 38.73317 lat.#3-77.12287long 38.73497 lat#4-77.12637long 38.73677long. The Defence Ceeta is -77.15698long and 38.73777lat.

new topics

top topics

join