It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: 'No link between MMR Vaccine and autism'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Scientists have indicated that they have strong evidence that the MMR vaccination is not the source of a rise in autism rates. Researchers compared before and after data in a Japanese city after the MMR jab was stopped in 1993. Evidence of a link between the two first surfaced in a 1998 article in "The Lancet" that suggested linkage. However, research has never proven a direct link.

news.bbc.co.uk
Scientists say they have strong evidence that the MMR vaccination is not linked to a rise in autism.
Researchers looked at the incidence of autism in a Japanese city before and after the withdrawal of the measles, mumps and rubella jab in 1993.

New Scientist reports autism rates kept rising after MMR was withdrawn.

Michael Rutter of the Institute of Psychiatry, who worked on the study, said it "rubbished" the link between MMR and a general rise in autism.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Its scary to think about it, but we continue to have a percentage of the population that simply refuses to vaccinate thier kids. Diseases like pertussis in extreme cases can kill and its a horrible nasty death. Clearly more research is needed to figure out why autism seems to be rising, but the MMR vaccine seems to NOT be the culprit. One possibility is that pediatricians are better at making the diagnosis than in the past.

[edit on 3/2/05 by FredT]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I do not believe this for one minute. My son has autism and everything points to the MMR vaccine that he received. He was fine prior to this vaccine. It is all a big cover-up. Pharmacutical companies would go out of business with all the law suits.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I am one of the folks who believes that autism is in no way related to vaccines. At any rate, I would rather have a child with autism than not get them vaccinated and the possibility of them dying.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
You guys realize that this is an almost three year old thread right?

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Sure didn't! Just saw it up and followed post. I'll just mosey on along to another one.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
People who have a child with Autism seek someone to blame. There is clear evidence from this and other studies, that have demonstrated that despite the absence of mercury in modern vaccinations, the rate of Autism continues to rise. Mercury in dental fillings has never been linked to Autism. The whole MMR/Autism link is simply Bad science and parents seeking someone to put at fault.

Recently a genetic link to autism has been defined. Absent of any definitive proof, it is far better to get life saving vaccinations, than to rely on the superstitions of fear.

And while this thread is three years old, it appears that some continue to believe in Bad science. Education is something that should never come to an end.

[edit on 25/1/08 by Terapin]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ballet mom

My nephew is autistic to it breaks my heart.

he got a fever for a few days after a round of vaccines within 24 hours.

one high fever after wards he was just not the same.

later was diagnosed autistic.

ppl can argue with you to your blue in the face.

when you actually see a loved one a new born baby go through it.

the realism sets in.

and also it was quite obvious it was the vaccine.

ps to other posters who havent gone through this and love big pharma big governement and the NWO. theres alot of em on ATS.

there is a big difference between mercury fillings and injecting it in a 10 shot series for schooling. into your blood stream.

please dont take oranges and try to tell me there apples.

they just put out these studies to make you feel good and to not get sued.
they dont care about you.

[edit on 25-1-2008 by NWOmaskedman]

new topics

top topics

join