It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does nature evolve instructions to stop and start?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

I have never read about the 'start' & 'stop' introns. I suppose you could say that any life form that expressed genes in a way unsustainable to life died out, leaving only the ones with the 'correct' start/stop designations, which over time marked a 'spot' on the DNA passed down thru the ages, but that just seems severely oversimplified. You've definitely peaked my interest though.

Am I the only one who read this thread and was struck with the absolute beauty and wonder in the natural world around me, as I assimilated this new information. I took my dog out and marveled at the flowers growing in my garden. "You too," I thought. You have a start/stop on your blooming, seed production, and the germination thereof." Even the lowly weed is driven to thrive by such instructions. Life is nothing short of amazing.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   
because there exist no tRNAs with anticodons complementary once a sequence adapts one of the 3 nonsense codons?

thus ribosome is forced to start a new protein chain if any.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

I have never read about the 'start' & 'stop' introns. I suppose you could say that any life form that expressed genes in a way unsustainable to life died out, leaving only the ones with the 'correct' start/stop designations, which over time marked a 'spot' on the DNA passed down thru the ages, but that just seems severely oversimplified. You've definitely peaked my interest though.

Am I the only one who read this thread and was struck with the absolute beauty and wonder in the natural world around me, as I assimilated this new information. I took my dog out and marveled at the flowers growing in my garden. "You too," I thought. You have a start/stop on your blooming, seed production, and the germination thereof." Even the lowly weed is driven to thrive by such instructions. Life is nothing short of amazing.

Good post and again, this has to be originated by intelligence. How can nature encode sequence with information that can be decoded?

To me, this is a no brainer.

As a Computer Programmer that has designed many websites, I see how we have created computer languages that encode information. The sequence [/ at the end of a quote or making the sentence bold, has meaning because intelligence gives it meaning.

Like I said, I can take just about anything and encoded with information. I can say, if the typing paper is cut in half and 2 pieces of paper is on my desk, call me on my cell. If the paper is cut up into 4 parts, then text me.

I have just encoded a piece of typing paper with information that can be decoded. Nobody would suggest that the paper encoded itself. That's being suggested with a natural interpretation of evolution which is a fantasy.
edit on 23-5-2019 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Have you ever met a piece of computer code that you would describe as friendly or kind or loving? Have you ever heard of software that would functionally replace a dear friend or a parent? How much experience do you have with artificial intelligence and recreating the emotions of a wise and compassionate leader in a machine?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join