It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FT.Belvoir Nuclear Reactor Found!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
YYYYEEEEESSSSS!!There was indeed a nuclear reactor named SM-1 on Ft.Belvoir from 1957-1973. Although it doesnt look like the one I saw it gives a HELL of alot more credibility to how serious I am about what I post. The plant was opened iin 1957 as a "training facility" and continued to operate and generate huge amounts of power until it was de-commisioned in 1973. I now believe what I saw was the same plant only modified and rebuilt. GO TO www.belvoir.army/mil look in Historic Ft.Belvoir in the 1945-present and the very first photo is of the reactor!Somebody please help me post the pic! If this doesnt get me some way above top secret votes nothing will.

[edit on 2-3-2005 by SonofSpy]

[edit on 2-3-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Here you go SoS:

The SM-1 Nuclear Plant was the first nuclear power plant to be designed as
a training facility for military personnel. It was in operation from 1957 to 1973.

www.belvoir.army.mil...

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Although it looks different it is the same size facility that I saw. From the angle the photo was taken at I believe I was looking at it from the front or left side from the view in the photo. I am now totally convinced its still there and operational. Modified and rebuilt with a more modern hourglass shaped smokestack. Id say Id go back. But those woods are are even more grown over now as they are part of the Jackson Abbot Wetland and Wildlife Refuge there is no more hunting way back there and the punishment for getting caught back there has increased since it became federally protected. And in this post 9-11 world if they spotted me Id probably be shot on site. I can go pretty far in backing up my claims but I do not want to break the law. Alot of what Ill post has some thing to do with the base which according to the website is over10000 acres! There has been some mighty shady goings on there for over a 100 years! The history of the base is astounding. Ill do my best to post some pix of some of the other things Ive posted about.

I havnt dared to really get very close to some of this stuff since 9-11. Since that day the based has an amazing amount of security. You sure as hell cant just wander onto the base anymore. Only people that live and work on base are allowed in. If you are caught on base and you dont "Freeze!" and "Get on the ground NOW!" they WILL shoot to kill. So if anybody out there is local to me for the love of god dont try it. My next two post will be Davison Army Airfield and the bizarre experiments conducted on base during the 2 world wars.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I did my A.I.T at Belvior. We were the last cycle of Generator and AC Technicians to go through Belvior before they closed down the school to send it up to Aberdeen Proving Grounds. Belvior was an amazing base really. Beautiful, and very upscale. It had alot of schools where officers from militaries all over the world came to train or train others. The whole base was loaded with brass, much of it insignias of exotic foreign militaries we were unfamiliar with.

But, Son of Spy, I don't see why you think this post is somehow going to get you Above top Secret Votes. Such votes are often given to really high quality posts that are very thought provoking, intensely researched, or that realy have gone beyond run of the mill conspiracy. Also, you havent done mkuch to explain what the big deal with this facility is, or what it has to do with a conspiracy or major military operations. What is special about this? Why is it signifigant?

Ft Belvior was the headquarters, and still might be, for the Air Force's REAL UFO investigation unit, the 4602 Air Intelligence Service Squadron, the unit that actually looked into major UFO incidents while Blue Book was just a cover. That would abe a good thing to study if you are into conspiracy topics related to Ft Belvior.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Text

[edit on 2-3-2005 by SonofSpy]

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I thought it was very nice to see SonofSpy proved correct, I had followed and been very interested in his posts about his nuclear reactor sighting...i'm gonna go on Terraserver now and see what I can find for sattelite pics of the facility now.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
EDIT: Somehow double posted

sorry bout that

[edit on 3/2/2005 by UnMature]

new topics

top topics

join