It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy crap my cholesterol is high

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
The Water Cure absolutely cures high blood pressure (a.k.a. Hypertension)

I was at around 215, now I am 95 over 57!

Check out the forum I created...
www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
With all due respect, Soma....

Even though I searched through the "watercure2" site, I couldn't find much in the way of evidence to support those claims; a lot of anecdotes, "mays" and "mights", sure. But not much else.

I'd be a little wary about taking that information as being accurate and/or safe; and even more wary of advocating it as a treatment. UNLESS you're a physician - and even then, it's not something that's appropriate for a message board like this.

Please, let's be careful about offering "cures" or "treatments" when we don't know the patient or circumstances.

Though we know being adequately hydrated is essential, we also need to watch for hyponatremia; not least in a person who simply isn't used to ingesting the amounts of water suggested.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower

Though we know being adequately hydrated is essential, we also need to watch for hyponatremia; not least in a person who simply isn't used to ingesting the amounts of water suggested.

Hyponatremia is defined as: a deficiency of sodium in the blood.

What you are refering to with the amounts of water suggested comment is that 'water-intoxication', this is when you essentially drink so much water that you flush out the nutrients and minerals vitally needed by your body --- You must replenish these vital minerals as you flush them out.

The heart of the Water Cure is essentially reestablishing the electrolyte balance in the body. IV solutions in hospitals are saline (a.k.a. water and salt)

The reason I am such a advocate for this is because I have tried it and it worked for me and my loved ones. Now that I am better, I'm simply trying to pass the good word on to as many people as possible... What better forum than the internet. Please read through my Water Cure posting and think about the science and physiology described.

"You can't drug the body into good health."

new topics

<< 1   >>

join