It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2020 Now Wisconsin is important, Milwaukee hosts the Democratic National Convention

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
www.tmj4.com...

Democrats selected Milwaukee to host their 2020 national convention Monday, setting up the party's 2020 standard-bearer to accept the presidential nomination in the heart of the old industrial belt that delivered Donald Trump to the White House.

Regardless of party lines this will bring money into a much needed area. Milwaukee is a diamond in the rough. It gets overlooked all the time.
When I moved here I did it myself. Oddly enough, now that i've been here close to a decade I can see underneath all that metal, dirt, graffiti past the homelessness. I see beauty in the modern building next to one that should be demolished. There is an amazing food scene, art scene, music scene. Some of the old neighborhoods are works of art in themselves. There is the best darn breakfast joint in the entire midwest here (Blues Egg).

No facades here, what you see is what you get. There are a lot of decent hard working salt of the earth people here. People that have been overlooked time and time again, especially when it comes to politics. Not this time. For those that didn't know or remember in the 2016 Presidential elections Hillary did not visit Wisconsin once. It seems almost humorous now. Not one single time.

Now the world will be watching, is it too late to save face, or will the defeat be even more devastating. Is Wisconsin forever changed, or always flexible. The other interesting thing about the 2016 elections was the low voter turnout. Historically low, especially in Milwaukee, a key Democrat area. It is cool living here, and being part of this history.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
For those that didn't know or remember in the 2016 Presidential elections Hillary did not visit Wisconsin once. It seems almost humorous now. Not one single time.

That's because as a little girl growing up in Chicago she allegedly liked the New York Yankees, but they don't play the Packers so she had nothing to ingratiate herself to you with.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I was in Milwaukee this weekend. You're right about it being a "diamond in the rough". Lots of potential to be more like Columbus, Ohio...or Indianapolis.
edit on 3/11/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I was in Milwaukee this weekend. You're right about it being a "diamond in the rough". Lots of potential to be more like Columbus, Ohio...or Indianapolis.

Sorry Wisconsin is not taking advice or criticism from a flatlander.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Probably the dems trying to gain back a state they thought they owned in the last election.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Probably the dems trying to gain back a state they thought they owned in the last election.

Yes totally.

The weird thing is that the Republicans are taking credit for the convention coming here too.

fox6now.com...

MILWAUKEE — Former Republican Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker says “who would have known” that his push to build a new arena in Milwaukee would be one of the key reasons Democrats chose to hold its national convention there.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Ding. Ding. We have a winner!

Miwaukee is a great town. I take weekend trips up there a couple of times per year when we get tired of Chicago. Milwaukee is kind of like Portland of the Midwest. Has a very similar vibe to Portland, OR. Nice arts and food scene

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Keep the beer away from Pelosi, and the Cheese away from Booker.

It's for the children.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Keep the beer away from Pelosi, and the Cheese away from Booker.

It's for the children.

I doubt you'll be able to keep Pelosi sober. She had a damn minibar set up at the last State of the Union address. She's well into "functioning alcoholic" territory.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Everygody needs a great breakfast nook. A place where the waitresses know your regular order and can call you by your first name. And keep that hot java flowing.

We live outside of one of those small single stop light towns and when we venture in we head for the Hot Rod Cafe. My choice on a regular basis is the number one. Two fat and tasty sausage patties, half a platter of hot browns or country potatoes and moist scramble eggs. English muffin with extra butter. And ready for this? Seven bucks.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
This is so Talib and Omar will be able to rally their base...I feel the secret to winning the next election is pulling a certain religious demographic and it is not evangelicals. They are also afraid they will lost the African American vote. Pandering at its's finest. Just hope they all pack the hot sauce like HRC.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

"Functioning" is a very strong word for what she does.

new topics

top topics

join