It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nestle, Disney Pull YouTube Ads, Joining Furor Over Child Videos

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: projectvxn

I am surprised they haven't banned him or demonetized this video for exposing this crap.

Youtube is Facilitating the Sexual Exploitation of Children, and it's Being Monetized (2019)

They ban him then they’re trying to cover up what they’re doing at which point they can no longer feign ignorance or “it’s just a faulty algorithm guys”

And in that scenario they’d be lucky if they weren’t hanged in the street.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Pulling ads is all fine and dandy, but how about doing something that actually matters, like investigating why and how youtube can't seem to "address" this issue when they can jump on a video with a "bad meme" within hours.

Heads should be rolling down the youtube HQ, that's when people should celebrate.

Not when a few companies pull ads.

Yeah, you've got a good point... I was excited that something happened, but this is only them doing the minimal amount. But, there is a chance this could be the start of something more, especially if we keep telling people and reminding them.

How is it people can get a visit from law enforcement for reckless comments online, but these youtubers, which requires a Google account I believe, can get away with murder! Almost literally...since the crime of murder is the only thing worse than what they freely talk about wanting, that means they are murder-adjacent!

And the sheer number of men commenting, from what it appeared on the video (I wont dare get into that rabbit hole using my own devices!) it makes me wonder if the market for this category of product, ranging from digital images to live humans for sale or trade, is a lot bigger than I realized. All these pedophiles are potential customers for a sex slave, potential kidnapping perpetrators... They are brazen too, not even trying to hide it.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470
Some years ago I made the mistake of researching human trafficking in depth. Trafficking in live humans is one of the largest and most lucrative "industries" on the planet. Take every movie you've ever seen broach the topic and multiply that exponentially. It goes from the highest to the lowest levels of our civilization. This is why little gets done about it, except when people make a fuss, then we get a token action against it to appease us, and it continues on unabated.

There was a time people would have gone after these societal aberrants with pitchforks and a rope. Now? Out of sight, out of mind.

edit on 2/21/2019 by Klassified because: add word

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

I hate to be a wet blanket but nothing was "done" about this. The advertisers didn't withdraw their business- they just put their ads "on hold." Which means they will resume their funding as soon as people have forgotten.

If they really were disgusted by it, these companies would dissolve their contracts with YouTube and publicly declare that they would never again do business with YouTube or anyone associated or anyone who does do business with YouTube. All they did was take their ads away for a few days.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Briliant news!

Lets hope more of these types of video's get banned on youtube and the subscribers (well, the ones who are poking their tongues out and aying cutie or wow yeah).

Seriously, this is bad ... bad... bad.... bad..

Let's hope Matt Wilson gets a lot of praise.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

It's ridiculous.

I feel that Youtube is responsible for every minute of its content. If they have things that can be suggestive, and I directly blame parents for the videos of children, then they need to be held accountable.

Youtube is such a giant, the I fear it will be "too big to fail".

So we will just see stories like this.
Until then, it's up to the people who care and want to see change to make these things known to the public. AND it's up to us to keep the topic in our minds, not lost on the 24/7 short attention span 5 second clips.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I think people might be a little confused on how advertising works. The vast Majority of these companies choose from a list a criteria to advertise to, a demographics, age, race, interests, etc etc. Not until later can they refine their advertising criteria to better their ROI. Not saying they were completely clueless but I can guarantee you that the majority of them had no idea what videos their ads were being displayed on.

Also....The majority of these videos looks like kids being kids and this guy "investigating" is the one sexualizing them along with people in the comments. Now I am not saying absolutely nothing odd is going on here but I can say with certainty that most of these videos are innocent children being innocent children. They don't know that the world is full of sickos.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join