It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Economic and societal speakers, shootout!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: pexx421

From what I can gather economics is about continuing growth and expansion. A flawed concept from the get go when when we have limited resources and space.

It also seems that whatever economic model is applied, it falls foul of human greed and corruption. That’s the real issue, it’s our very nature at least for a significant portion of society.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Does economics have to grow and expand? I think it only does in 2 situations. The current corporate model, which demands increasing profits, and when population grows. And when population grows there is an increased demand and labor pool which means it should grow to meet its own needs.

The problem is the financialized corporatist model, which demands growth and expansion because they keep extracting more of the profit that would otherwise be used to meet the needs of the population, whether it be growing, stagnant, or contracting.

It’s the rentiers, the exploiters, those who live off other people’s work, that force an economy to have to grow. The more they extract, the more the income disparity, then the more the economy must grow or it faces contraction, debt deflation, and collapse. Collapse being the extractors take all the money and run, while the workers either change the system and start again, or live under abject poverty for the foreseeable future.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Come on folks. Inspire us. Post some vids.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Ok, I get it now. No one really listens to or follows any amazing contemporary economists. Everyone just argues economics from what they glean from msm personalities and partisan hacks with no real experience in the places being affected by those policies. Oh, and they take all their statistics from official sources with a spoonful of sugar rather than a grain of salt.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join