It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane Stunt Goes Wrong

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This happened in Austria, Wolfgangsee - very popular area for vacation. As you can see the stunt goes wrong but the pilot somehow managed to not crash the plane. He was in training for a show, i think. This could have ended deadly. Luckily there was a boat nearby because the water was freezing cold.

edit on 2.5.2019 by Kandinsky because: Edited because ALL CAPS titles 'go wrong.'

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

My question is in what scenario was that 'stunt' supposed to go right?

Thanks for the video!

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
That’s the dumbest thing I have ever seen. What did he think was going to happen?

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
He needs new underwear.... talk about lucky.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Retracts saved his life. If the Staudacher S-600 had fixed gear, he probably wouldn't have survived this.

I'll bet the pre-flight briefing by the skywaitress went something like this:

"In the event of a water landing, your inflated pilot ego can be used as a flotation device."

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

"He needs new underwear."

Nah...they got washed

edit on 5-2-2019 by TheTruthRocks because: Reasons.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Yikes.

I love the guys filming, how they clapped when he climbed out of the cockpit.

Did he end up having to jump into the water? You see him standing on the plane and then it zooms out to the boat and you lose sight of him. I see something in the water that looks like it is swimming toward the boat. Was that the pilot?

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Kind of like people clapping for the captain of the Titanic if he got to shore.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
Yikes.

I love the guys filming, how they clapped when he climbed out of the cockpit.

Did he end up having to jump into the water? You see him standing on the plane and then it zooms out to the boat and you lose sight of him. I see something in the water that looks like it is swimming toward the boat. Was that the pilot?

Yeah, the pilot went into the water when the plane tipped nose-down. Also, if you look closely, a person in the boat jumped from the stern into the water as the boat approached the plane and swam toward the plane.

So there were two in the water.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero

Every time I watch this (trying to see where the pilot jumped in the water) that clapping cracks me up more. It's bizarre. 😂😂😂

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TheTruthRocks

Thank you!

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: hombero

Every time I watch this (trying to see where the pilot jumped in the water) that clapping cracks me up more. It's bizarre. 😂😂😂

It does at first view appear bizarre; that's what I thought when I watched the vid--sort of like, "Way to GO, Einstein!"

Then I realized they were applauding because their initial reaction (as the plane smacked the water) was one of horror and concern for the safety of the pilot. They clapped because the pilot did a heroic job of not dying that day.

It could've easily gone the other way; it might' have been a body recovery rather than a rescue.

The pilot doesn't really jump into the water. He climbs out of the cockpit and stands on the floating plane...which sinks beneath him and takes on a 45-degree nose down attitude, which makes it impossible to stand on.
edit on 8-2-2019 by TheTruthRocks because: reasons

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: oloufo

My question is in what scenario was that 'stunt' supposed to go right?

Thanks for the video!

Wellone thing is for sure, now he knows that as well

new topics

top topics

join