It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctrine of Discovery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I wonder about this since it was recently mentioned in the news. I suppose a papal decree that allows for Jesus believers to kill non believing natives of lands and seize their land. Seems like this means that if a person accepts Jesus as a savior then they could kick in the door of any non believer neighbors and lay claim to their stuff and the courts will have to recognize my right to do so lest the basis of original thievery in the lands that allow for current government will be undermined??????

edit on 25-1-2019 by UncleTomahawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk
I think you're picked up some report about what was happening in the time of Columbus. The Pope of the day divided up the world between Spain and Portugal.
What mediaeval popes do doesn't count as settled Christian teaching, so you can't really build up much of a controversy on it.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I was reading that it was used around 2005 or so in court case in the usa. Also it seems to be the basis for all the land grabs in the last 500 years. Seems that it is indeed still valid. It was mentioned recently as someone wants to have a meeting with the pope and ask him to rescind the decree.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I doubt if that suggestion came from a legal expert. If land grants were originally made on that basis, which would probably be true in those parts of the U.S. which used to be Mexico, no legal system is going to allow the entire basis of property ownership to be overturned by a modern pope making an announcement. The real foundation of property ownership now is long-term possession.
Anyway, since the doctrine isn't actually part of general Christian teaching, this is all ingenious legal speculation rather than theology.

edit on 25-1-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Well research shows that not only has this doctrine been used to confiscate land in the usa but in every land taken by Spain and Great Britan. Notice lately that Italy seems to be holding the EU together.

Anyhow even larger implications can be found and that is the legalization of the acts found in the book of Revelation. I never really pondered if the end time events would be legal in the eye of most governments but it seems that the answer is yes it is legal. This decree since papal inception says go forth and plunder from the heathens ye believers.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Pretty sure Jesus said nothing about confiscating land from anyone...

Give on to ceasar what is Ceasar's would probably apply though

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Pretty sure Jesus said nothing about confiscating land from anyone...

Give on to ceasar what is Ceasar's would probably apply though

No one has claimed that jesus has said such...

However the papal decree of the discovery doctrine has made it legal do steal land from non believers. That is how we got here to the usa and such like countries.

top topics

join