It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok...I have to say that this guy is absolutely FASCINATING!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Well, firstly, I must apologize because I'm taking a sick day and subsequently ATS is forced to suffer. In the course of this, however, I've noticed this morning that there have been quite a few threads on race (I started one myself regarding a shooting of a police officer in Texas just below here). So I decided to post about this fellow who I just discovered last night named Jesse Lee Peterson. Now some of you might know who he is, I just stumbled upon him while perusing YouTube and began listening. At first, I swear, I thought he was joking, but the more I got into it I quickly figured out he is not.

A quick description, JLP is an older black gentleman and reverand. He grew up on a plantation in Alabama under the Jim Crow laws (he mentions this a good bit). He is radically conservative, calls Trump "the Great White Hope", calls Obama "the Fallen Messiah" and Maxine Waters "the Wicked Witch of the West". He obviously drives people freakin' insane. It's amazing to watch and listen to, but believe me when I say he's very sincere. Oh, he's also completely uneducated and extraordinarily simple, but people seem to have an almost impossible time arguing with him (as evidenced by the way they so often lose it). He never gets upset, and he's a bulldog on his positions...very very certain of himself. Lastly, he uses a fascinating technique that I'm going to implement in my own life because it's so telling and effective. He'll ask a simple yes/no question, and then will keep asking that question again and again until he gets the yes or the no. It reveals how often people speak around questions to "justify" themselves instead of just affirming their position. He'll ask black people, "Do you love white people?" It's funny and sad to see their reactions.

Anyway, I'm going to let it be and link a YouTube for those that want to listen. These SAVAGE compilations go up to like 32 or something (I just picked one) so you can find many more if you wish. I warn you, though, he's addictive.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I watch some of jesse's videos from time to time.

I find him amusing, most of his guests maybe not so much.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
I watch some of jesse's videos from time to time.

I find him amusing, most of his guests maybe not so much.

He's definitely amusing. I find I agree with much of what he's saying, some things not so much, but I think I watched him for about 5 hours last night. Ha!

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
His slutwalk coverage videos are always pretty amusing.

He's pretty stubborn in his views(or should I say rigid). However he comes off as mostly "fun" when he's just bantering with people which he doesn't agree with. So I like a lot more of his on the street stuff than the studio interviews.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
So his whole personality is that he is a black guy who is a Republican. Shocker! Gotta love a guy who constantly has pictures of himself behind him. Then he says "I love trump because he is white,nationalist, and wants to build a wall" to try and troll black callers.

Am I supposed to be impressed that he is a typical Republican who is black? Saying Democrats are evil and ignoring any Republican flaws...

Just another garbage radio host stuck in the left vs right paradigm. Nothing positive here.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Whether you agree with him or not, the good thing is he's generating reasoned discussion and making people think with their own brains.

He's not passing out free Kool Aide and telling people to drink it because it's the right thing to do.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I initially thought exactly as you did, that he was using his position as a black man to just generate a successful show, basically pandering to the white audience who would agree while agitating the black audience who would become triggered by his positions.

But, after listening to him for a while, I do not think this is at all true. He definitely believes what he's saying, and much of what he's saying just makes good common sense. The pictures behind him are just standard fair for someone running a successful radio and tv broadcast. He has employees you know, there are people who handle such things...it doesn't invalidate him as a man or pundit.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TheElectricPriest

he is like alex jones but with better voice and not that fat. its funny to watch. he is trolling people and they fall for it.
edit on 17-1-2019 by oloufo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

He still is another rush Limbaugh. Presenting typical stubborn Republican views and going haray haray on any Republican president that gets into office.

Democrats are evil and Obama sucks. Trump is an angel from heaven.

Yup... have fun with another old-timer stuck in his political box.
edit on 17-1-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

he is like alex jones but with better voice and not that fat. its funny to watch. he is trolling people and they fall for it.

He's nothing like Alex Jones...

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
There is nothing fascinating about this man, except that he actually gets air time, and people actually listen to him. I'm wondering how many of the callers are paid. He might have some entertainment value as a troll, but other than that he has no redeeming attributes.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
There is nothing fascinating about this man, except that he actually gets air time, and people actually listen to him. I'm wondering how many of the callers are paid. He might have some entertainment value as a troll, but other than that he has no redeeming attributes.

I completely disagree.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheElectricPriest

originally posted by: Klassified

I completely disagree.

Unlike Jesse, I won't call you a beta for doing so.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
yeah, he's great!

top topics

join