It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BEWARE: Your pets may be on DRUGS!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Dolphins Squeezing Puffer Fish

Dolphins have been observed on multiple occasions2 carrying puffer fish in their mouths, squeezing them, and passing them along to other dolphins. It is speculated that the dolphins are trying to get the puffer fish to release a small burst of neurotoxin, which puts them into a trance-like state.

This behavior was recorded in a BBC documentary produced by zoologist Robert Pilley, who commented “This was a case of young dolphins purposefully experimenting with something we know to be intoxicating. After chewing the puffer and gently passing it round, they began acting most peculiarly, hanging around with their noses at the surface as if fascinated by their own reflection. The dolphins were specifically going for the puffers and deliberately handling them with care. Dolphins seem to be experts on how to prepare puffers and how to handle them.”3

Since the toxin released by the puffer fish is deadly in large doses, the dolphins would indeed need to handle the fish delicately in order to avoid lethal poisoning. www.animalcognition.org...

The far more sinister thing is dolphins getting addicted to handjobs from humans!
uproxx.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

"PETER"!

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I had a pet goat that would guzzle mead like a Viking.
More than one dog has been on the receiving end of Wilba's drunken brawls.
Let's just say I know where I am placing my bets on a drunk goat against any dog that thinks it's tough.
I had to use a big stick to stop her from likely killing a German Shepard.

edit on 10-12-2018 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Goats are cool. You reminded me. One of my best friends growing up had this wild mannered Husky, who loved to party. He could actually say "bud" "weiiiis" "ser" to get actual Budweiser. He was a take off menace that even with the shock perimeter collar he'd still run off miles down the road (presumably getting shocked the whole time and getting off on it like a scene from Crank 2 High Voltage).

edit on 10-12-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   

a reply to: skunkape23

Goats are cool. You reminded me. One of my best friends growing up had this wild mannered Husky, who loved to party. He could actually say "bud" "weiiiis" "ser" to get actual Budweiser. He was a take off menace that even with the shock perimeter collar he'd still run off miles down the road (presumably getting shocked the whole time and getting off on it like a scene from Crank 2 High Voltage).

I’ve gave a camel a beer before outside Fort Sill, fun times.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Holly crap you have a picture of a "Chupacabra" on drugs... oO

edit on 11-12-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Dogs tripping on toads? what a load of-oh wait

I've seen this personally, my fathers' friend had a dog that did it, it would have never passed a drug test, it acted like it was a woodstock flashback.
edit on 11-12-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join