It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misterspock movie review.... The Fate of the Furious

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Yes, another MSMR.

I just finished getting caught up on the franchise. I've previously seen 1 through 6 and watched 7 last night and 8 tonight.

I'll keep it short.

While this franchise is largely a mess. The later films have taken on more of the typical "crew" style action film. There certainly is plenty of ridiculous plot points and gratuitous action scenes.

However I think the latest is actually carving out a bit more of an actual plot than some of the middle films.

This one was much easier to follow than 5, 6 and 7.

I may be biased, cause Jason statham. Someone I'm a huge fan of and I like his characters return to being "good" in this film. Contrary to him being a villain in 7.

Worth a watch, but certainly does require the viewing of the prior 3 films to understand the characters individual plots.

I loved the later half which could be summed up as statham baby sitting. If you are a fan you'll enjoy that concept of his usual action rolls.

It was enjoyable enough. While I liked the early films I do think the addition of such actors as Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham helps to keep the action franchise fresh(ish).
edit on 2-12-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-12-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
You should get out more

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Starhooker
You should get out more

I get out plenty,

Wait, is that your way of asking me out?

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Which would you recommend more?

The Fate of the Furious, or the new Predator?

Keep the movie reviews coming.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I love action movies in general and am always up for watching the FF movies to be honest. Except for Tokyo Drift. Didn't care for that one as much. I like Statham as well so that's a bonus. The last movie was pretty enjoyable for me, but man do I miss Paul Walker.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   
In the one after Paul Walker died they didnt have him almost die nearly enough. It should have been a constant buildup element straight thru to the end with the plot twist his character lives at the end lol.

top topics

join