It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four Forces and Entropy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AlFeynman

I don't know much about Riemann Tensors or string theory, but I do believe E8 is quite useful in formulating a unified theory. By E8, I'm referring to the math, not the Quantum Gravity Research group lead by Klee Irwin. That man is a known fraud. He used to sell fraudulent colon cleanse products years ago.

I think gravity is probably just incoherent magnetism. Both gravity and electromagnetism diminish by the inverse square law, so that's an important clue IMO. Magnetism is simply the draining of the quantum vacuum into another dimension, while dark energy is the inflow of the quantum vacuum into our dimension, brought in by the breaking of flux tubes between quarks. That might even explain the Pauli Exclusion Principle in the absence of color charge. So in a sense, dark energy might be anti-gravity, or incoherent anti-magnetism.

Dark matter could be as simple as incoherent electric current. To be honest, I haven't thought about the subject for a while, so I can't quite remember my explanation for that.

What role does entropy play in the quantum level? The probabilistic breaking of symmetry. I think without Quantum Entropy, nothing would exist.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AlFeynman

Is it legitimate to dissociate energy from forces? What is energy (defined as the capacity to do work) but thermodynamics in action? And what is force but the differential between one thing and another thing?

So, if the weak force is the basis for parity violation i.e. asymmetry, then the 'difference between one thing and another thing' is equivalent to the generation of energy - no?

In other words, there seems to be a direct continuity between the inherent asymmetry of the weak force (induced by the mass of the Higgs) and the emergent 'force' we term thermodynamics.

It seems surprising to me that I can't find anything on the subject of the relationship between the weak force and the emergent property we term entropy - which is more or less the idea that systems are not perfectly contiguous with one another i.e. they are constantly seeking a 'path of least resistance' which is a function of a continuously generated 'remainder' - an asymmetry which leaves the whole system (say, a molecule, or a cell, or a multicellular organism) needing - or aiming - to reconstitute itself again and again by absorbing energy around it.

Molecules can sometimes regenerate; other times they simply fall apart as a function of a specific sort of mismatch with the environment around it.

All of this MUST - if physicists are going to be logically consistent - have to do with events at the subatomic level, because you cannot get emergent behavior at the top which doesn't have a root at some asymmetry at the bottom.

The natural inference then is that thermodynamics - or heat loss as the loss of photons - has to do with the symmetry breaking induced by the Higgs vis-a-vis the other gauge bosons - Z, W- and W+.

The answer you've given, although invoking momentum and direction, doesn't seem relevant to the concept of symmetry and conservation of energy. At the subatomic level, energy isn't conserved at the weak force. It is because of this that the electromagnetic force emerges, and elements i.e. the pauli exclusion principle - can even come into being. All of this is due to a distinction the weak force makes between left and right, which allows the loss of energy in the form of neutrino's.

If my understanding of this process is correct, the distinction often made by physicists seems to be a bunch of language games which unreasonably disconnects from the fact that all things are connected - albeit, in a way which leaves a 'remainder', or asymmetry, which produces these higher level effects which we handle under the term 'thermodynamics'.
edit on 4-12-2018 by Astrocyte because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join