It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chrome Book Trouble

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Around 6 months ago, the display quit on my Chrome book. I decided to tear it down to see if it was something I could easily fix without ordering any parts so I painstakingly opened up the entire device, removed the display, the hard drive, keyboard, battery pack and all of the internal support structure to get to the ribbon cable connected to the display. After finally deciding that the display itself was bad, I broke down and ordered an new part.

It finally came in the other day so, after six months, I started to put it all back together but after so long I couldn't remember exactly how it came apart. I worked on the frustrating thing for a solid hour and almost had it completely back together when I remembered that I had not reconnected the ribbon cable to the new display. I was so frustrated because that meant I would have to completely disassemble the damned thing and basically start all over again. So frustrated because I had already spent a full hour on the damned thing. Did I mention my complete frustration? I was cursing and screaming at myself for being so stupid.

I started the disassembly for the 2nd time now when, "GET THIS", I woke up. I have a chrome book but there is not a damned thing wrong with it and I use it daily. #I*g dreams. This kind of sheat plagues me nightly and I don't know how to turn this kind of crap off. I have discussed this with my Dr. and jested that he prescribe something to knock my ass out but he won't do it. I have taken every prescription sleep med on the market and nothing works for me any more so I guess this plague will haunt my sleep for the rest of my life.

That sucks.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Download the cromebook maintenance and repair manual for your model.

When I buy a new gadget I always try to get a maintenance and repair manual.
edit on 11/30/2018 by Bramble Iceshimmer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Bramble Iceshimmer

Lol, busted, TLDR: did get to the end where there is a huge plot twist in the story.

edit on 30-11-2018 by bananashooter because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2018 by bananashooter because: (no reason given)

top topics

join