It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doesn't Science tell us a Level 1 Multiverse must exist?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Toolman18
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

No. That is crap. Explain how and why. Not just the explanation of what other people think happened. Seriously. Explain the big bang and why it happened. I'm very interested in anyone explaining this. Because it's ridiculous. If you still subscribe to this notion then you are a fool.

I didn't give an explanation of what other people think why the Big Bang happened.

In fact I said the opposite: I said the standard Big Bang Theory we have today does NOT attempt to explain why it happened, how it happened, what banged, or what (if anything) existed before the Big Bang. Science simply doesn't know. And while it's an open issue, that doesn't mean it didn't happen. Science didn't know a lot of things until it did.

Science doesn't know if there were other universe beofre ours, OR if other universe exist adjacent to ours, OR if we are the one one only universe 'ever' (whatever "ever" means in a potential multiverse). They have no real testable theories for these questions...

….and as I said, the standard Big Bang theory does not attempt to answer "why or how" the Big Bang happened.

Instead, what the standard Big Bang Theory DOES attempt to explain is what happened after the bang, not the bang itself. It does not explain "time zero", but instead only explains the tiny fractions of time immediately after time zero, and how the physical laws, the physical forces, and the particles that make up our universe (not any other potential universe, just ours) were formed from that early soup that existed immediately after the Big Bang.

But no -- the standard model of the Big Bang does not explain how and why the Big Bang happened in the first place. Although some scientists have hypotheses about that "how and why".

originally posted by: wildespace

originally posted by: Toolman18

a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

No. That is crap. Explain how and why. Not just the explanation of what other people think happened. Seriously. Explain the big bang and why it happened. I'm very interested in anyone explaining this. Because it's ridiculous. If you still subscribe to this notion then you are a fool.

A false vacuum decayed to a lower energy state, causing a "bubble nucleation". Our universe is that bubble.

There you go, nice and simple.

Yep. There's one of those "how or why" hypotheses.

edit on 1/12/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join