It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Citizen Swap New Migrant for Old Boomer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
That's why there was Florida and California in the past. They were the low tax, high sunshine, low heating costs states. In Europe, we have retirement areas in Spain, France and other countries.

So what goes wrong? The retirees brought money, had their homes next to the orchards and fields of what was going to be Silicon Valley and the Los Angeles agricultural areas. But as their children became older, they too wanted to move down to those states to be close to their parents in their final years. All those retirees needed services like doctors, hospitals, lawyers , accountants, notaries, supermarkets, shopping malls and the whole urban industry. They also needed affordable services like gardeners, landscape architects, decorators, and home maintenance. The auto industry wanted to build new car showrooms. So that led to rapid expansion. Increasing population density requires new roads, schools, community clinics, more police, and higher taxes. Laws are passed in order to tax out-of-state income.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

One problem - A lot of legal immigrants come here and work in elder care. Are you trying to take away a vital sector of support for those who come here with valuable skills and do so legally? I'd rather have the legal immigrants with higher skills than the poorly educated who only can do the menial labor. The first group are capable of being self-supporting. The second group will have to be supported even if they work.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

One problem - A lot of legal immigrants come here and work in elder care. Are you trying to take away a vital sector of support for those who come here with valuable skills and do so legally? I'd rather have the legal immigrants with higher skills than the poorly educated who only can do the menial labor. The first group are capable of being self-supporting. The second group will have to be supported even if they work.

I don't think it will even put a dent in the amount of care that will be needed in the years to come.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Ummm...cool idea...I volunteer to be the program Guinea pig...

Mandatory gofundme for the sacrifice and I'm in...

YouSir

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Ummm...cool idea...I volunteer to be the program Guinea pig...Mandatory gofundme for the sacrifice and I'm in...

As a migrant or retiree ? LOL

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

And we have so many poorly educated people in our own country who are only suited to the same types of labor. Don't you think a condition of their upkeep should be to have to do those jobs instead of importing yet another group of people we will have to pay to upkeep while they do those jobs?

I'm sorry, but if you want me to support you, you ought to be working for it if you're able bodied.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join