It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comparing Apples and Cinder blocks...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
There are a few people that my wife is good friends with that cannot seem to stay on tract but will badger you non-stop...

For instance using engineers work (landing insight on Mars) as proof that climate scientist claims are 100% true.

I have bitten my tongue so many times I am surprised I can still talk, if you want to use climate science to prove climate science fine great wonderful, I may disagree but I will listen patiently. But to point out an engineers work to land something on mars as proof that I should accept climate science as 100% proven fact, well if your my wife's friends ill bite my tongue and get some whiskey... if you are not Ill probably call you a fully baked potato.

Sad thing is I am not against the idea that the climate is changing because the only constant in the history of our world is that the climate constantly shifts.

I may disagree with how much is our fault, and how much is mother natures, but I will not say there is no climate change. But when you come at me by comparing apples and cinder blocks, I start to shut you out to save my blood pressure.

So please for the love of god, don't make absurd comparisons...

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
There are a few people that my wife is good friends with that cannot seem to stay on tract but will badger you non-stop...

For instance using engineers work (landing insight on Mars) as proof that climate scientist claims are 100% true.

I have bitten my tongue so many times I am surprised I can still talk, if you want to use climate science to prove climate science fine great wonderful, I may disagree but I will listen patiently. But to point out an engineers work to land something on mars as proof that I should accept climate science as 100% proven fact, well if your my wife's friends ill bite my tongue and get some whiskey... if you are not Ill probably call you a fully baked potato.

Sad thing is I am not against the idea that the climate is changing because the only constant in the history of our world is that the climate constantly shifts.

I may disagree with how much is our fault, and how much is mother natures, but I will not say there is no climate change. But when you come at me by comparing apples and cinder blocks, I start to shut you out to save my blood pressure.

So please for the love of god, don't make absurd comparisons...

Agreed....what you stated goes right along with a family on a beach and see a 35' wall of tsunami coming at them going "Look! What's that!?"

Just like the tsunami, eartquakes, hurricanes, cool spells, heat waves, cyclones, tornados, famines, droughts, waterspouts, monsoons...it's what Mother Earth does...It's how land and coastlines are shaped....

Climate change is natural and dynamic. But with the other side of it and does man AFFECT it? Of course.....

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I would like to hear the entire details of this absurd comparison.

The one thing I know about climate change and manmade input - is that the further into it I research, the more I read, the more experiments I look at - the more immensely complicated it gets. And that is an understatement. As with many things 'experts' have differing opinions on, as you look deeper it turns out nobody really knows the truth.

new topics

join