It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Universities ban sarcasm.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us
Couldn’t they ban those that don’t understand sarcasm instead? After all, these are institutions of higher learning, are they not? Doesn’t that imply attendees should be able to learn?

Much better to let them get through life never learning to understand sarcasm, then resorting to real violence when they encounter it! /s (sarcasm, not violence)

Far Eastern cultures just don't understand sarcasm or satire. They will even ban criticism of politicians and royalty in the media. As a saying goes: "The nail that sticks out the most is the one to be hammered in first".

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   
This is fake news designed to fire up the population.

Read the article and find the source and evidence.

Doesn't exist.

Don't fuel the fire.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
It might be a generalization, but I find no evidence this is fake news.

I'm not in Australia, but regarding local leftist campuses, they are so politically correct that I wouldn't have tried sarcasm there for a number of years anyway.

I don't think this is provably "fake" at all.

Liberal universities that were once places of free speech have now now become "safe spaces" that even de-platformed people like Germaine Greer, Peter Tatchell and Richard Dawkins.

It's been happening internationally, so I mean I don't see why many would omit "sarcasm" in their policies to safeguard the precious feelings of generation snow-flake.

Unless perhaps it is sarcasm to put down Donald Trump - I'm sure they will forgive that.
But then again leftist humor has been so crap lately, I don't think they could really be sarcastic anymore, even if they tried.

Despite leftists running most of the broadcast and print media, the universities and most state institutions in the West - they're still gonna pretend they're radicals sticking it to the man.
No sweeties, it's no longer the 1960's.
You are the man!
And a political soap-box to support your own power is not the same as humor.
edit on 20-11-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join