It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oracle Loses Protest of Pentagon Cloud Bid Seen Favoring Amazon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I wouldn't say this is capitalism's faults, rather our governments inability to separate itself from Corporations in the right way.

It's fine that the government wants to outsource some things.

Do we need to build jets? Is it okay that SpaceX has shown they can build rockets with extreme efficiency (and they have competitors if that doesn't work out.

I think the problem is when we allowed so much money to flood into politics. Where is the line.

I agree almost fully. Yes, we have allowed to much money to flood into politics.
Yes, we have allowed our governments to become unable to separate itself from Corporations in the right way.
And yes, there are efficient corporations that can and are doing what government has done in the past.

But just as too many liberals blindly go along with some of the more egregious bs that is being pulled by those crazies on the left so to have conservatives gone along blindly with any and all opposition to controls on corporations.

And as I intimated earlier, to my mind, it is to late to fix it. Just like Ned Beatty in ''Network'' we have turned over our freedoms to the corporations that have turned us into consumption addicts

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

And as I intimated earlier, to my mind, it is to late to fix it. Just like Ned Beatty in ''Network'' we have turned over our freedoms to the corporations that have turned us into consumption addicts

Excellent post friend, through and through. I agreed with every bit and you said it eloquently.

I quoted the above because it dawned on me and you said it.

Ultimately, the buck stops with us. We the people let it happen, we the people didn't demand accountability. I'll go one further and say the nation got spoiled to the point that not only do most people not vote, most voters don't truly know what's going on.

No healthy (republic) democracy can have that.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

I know how distributed computing is done but thanks for the explanation.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Indeed. We have been lulled. We were lulled after WWI and a decade later punched back into reality.
After WWII, the same thing. Lulled again. Big difference though, the entertainment industry after WWI was not up to the task of keeping everybody placated like it was after WWII.

To me Stinker, it is survival. The notion of species extermination was limited to religious understanding until those two bombs were dropped. That started the ball rolling towards all of us having the information that we are on the precipice of doing away with ourselves. On a lay level, rather than just religious. Those were mostly, later sometime. Those bombs were NOW.

Now more and more people seem to be entering this awareness, that we are going to collapse unless we adjust to the errors of our earlier ways. To me, this is the schism of today's right and left. And all the while, most people have not gotten to that point of awareness as yet. It's existentialism writ large.

I had a professor in college back in the 60s who warned me against reading to much existentialist philosophy. He said that it was not for the faint of heart, that the constant drive to dig deeper, to feel deeper, to look beyond the established dogmas of society and culture can easily subdue those who attempt it. And now, all these years later this is what I see. As more and more of us try to remove ourselves from the comfort of not questioning life, of living blissfully within the entertainment sphere we have been swathed with, the only option we have is to see just how perilous our situation is.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join